Account Manager - Professional Certifications (Remote) at Varsity Tutors
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/. The company publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange on September 21, 2021.
We succeed thanks to a diverse mix of talented people who want to come, to stay, and do their best work. If you love learning, technology, and making a true impact, you’re going to love working here!
Varsity Tutors is looking for Account Managers to join our Professional Certifications team! Varsity Tutors is transforming how people learn with new and innovative technology, and offers a full suite of learning products that are personalized to the needs of every learner. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. Come join our fast-growing team and help people get the educational help they need!
Account Managers will address customer needs, with a heavy focus on inbound calls and positive resolutions. They assess needs, manage accounts to drive consumption, and increase retention and existing sales (renewals) by strengthening client relations and providing high-quality service. This is both a sales and service-oriented role. Account Managers will work closely with our sales and training teams and help ensure a positive experience for our clients.
Pay: $40,000 base salary with $12,000 variable bonus potential plus full-time benefits package
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), including 2 evenings each week and full shifts every other weekend
- Education, teaching, or tutoring experience is preferred, but not required
- Account management, client relations, and business development experience is a plus
- High empathy and emotional intelligence, with the ability to understand families' educational needs and make product/service recommendations
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Conflict management skills and the ability to use high-level judgement when managing student behavior
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Flexible schedules, but with strong preference and expectation for some evenings and weekends
- Assess and understand the needs of our clients to be able to make recommendations for educational products and services
- Achieve sales and client renewal targets set by management
- Answer heavy volume (40-50) inbound customer calls per day
- Understand the products and services offered
- Assist in client service and build strong relations with our students and families
- Manage client records to ensure proper follow-up
- Communicate effectively with internal team and external customers
- Attend 1 week paid training facilitated remotely and live via Zoom
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- Company-issued laptop, headphones, and latest software
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- No account management/sales experience? No worries! We offer a training program with ongoing career development and opportunities for growth.
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for families
- Become an expert in educational products and programs, including 1-on-1 tutoring, online classes, adaptive assessments, and homeschooling
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback-rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)