Account Manager, PBF at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Embedded Account Managers own existing customer relationships with Fivetran’s ‘Powered by Fivetran’ embedded customers and convert new logos to adopt the embedded use case by selling into our existing customer base. As part of the sales team, AMs are the main point of contact for existing users, and will be instrumental in driving adoption and growth with the ultimate goal of creating advocates out of our customers. The main KPIs of this role include Net Revenue Retention (NRR) through renewals and converted logos from existing business (non-embedded customers).
AMs will work cross-functionally with customer success, support, solution architects, sales engineers, marketing and other teams to expand existing embedded accounts and win new customer accounts to grow PBF revenue. AMs will work alongside customer success managers to identify and help with embedded expansions to additional areas of the customer’s organization. They will also act as an internal advocate for customers, and bring customer insight to appropriate teams to constantly improve business value for our customers.
Account Management at Fivetran isn’t about by-the-numbers ‘check-ins’ with customers - our regular customer conversations are informed by a deep empathy with our customers’ business needs, and a data-driven understanding of their current product usage. As a fast growing company, AMs will have the opportunity to help shape strategies for a critical component of Fivetran’s business.Competencies
- Cultivate Great Experiences: For customers, co-workers and partners.
- Analytical Skills: We are a data-driven company, just like our customers! It’s important to have the ability to process qualitative and quantitative data, and draw insightful conclusions from it.
- Strategic Thinking: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulates without being overly verbose. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
- Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Initiative: Seeing a problem to be solved and solving it or raising issues with proposed plans, methods or solutions.
- Organization. You are extremely organized. You are able to juggle lots of things at once while not letting anything drop.
- Attention to detail: Ensures full completeness of proposals, plans and communications
- Enable Others: Leverage knowledge and experience to raise others knowledge and ability to apply it to diverse situations and problems
- Domain: Saas - experience in data/analytics tools a plus, customer success, account management, sales (quota-carrying roles), technology focused applications
- Technology: Proficient in general data analysis and Gsuite/Office applications. Knowledgeable in SQL, REST API, Cloud Platforms (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure), and at least one of Marketing, CRM, HRM, or ERP SaaS applications.
- Has had a quota-carrying role, and been customer facing. Ideally worked with OEM or enterprise customers.
- Track record of hitting or exceeding targets for customer retention.
- Worked with customers on product adoption, while being an advocate for the customer internally.
- Experience negotiating contracts with customers.
- Ability to translate technology concepts into business value, being customer-centric in their communication.
- Experience with Salesforce, Looker a plus.
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills.
- The right balance of self-confidence and humility to lead as an individual contributor.
This individual contributor must consistently deliver the following:
- Drive positive customer experiences by collaborating with team members internally, and demonstrating value for customers.
- Renew customers and identify potential risks, along with mitigation strategies.
- Identify and convert opportunities for expanded embedded use to drive more revenue for the Powered by Fivetran segment.
- Assess customer health on an ongoing basis and create plans to consistently drive positive outcomes, ultimately leading to customer advocacy.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.