Account Executive at eSpark Learning (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:32 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 19, 2022
Account Executive Representative
As an Account Executive, you’ll report to the Director of Sales.
As an Account Executive, you will be a key contributor on a team that is leading growth for the business as we convert trial usage to paid memberships. You will work collaboratively with the sales and marketing teams to engage and support school leaders, manage your own pipeline, and bring on new partners to eSpark.
- Art & Science of Selling: You have proven success in prospecting, consulting and closing over the phone or email, specifically, with evidence of flexibility, creativity and thoughtful strategic execution in your sales cycle.
- Relationship-Building: You have a knack for building relationships and trust with various stakeholders. You have empathy and pride yourself on being a personable, concise and compelling communicator.
- Money Motivated: You want to win and desire to be part of a winning team.
- Tenacity You’re a self-starter; you are persistent and have a strong work ethic. You persevere through challenges and you'll bring energy and focus to our team.
- 3+ years of sales with a track record of overachieving quota, in ed-tech is a bonus
- Experience working with district administrators, C-level executives in a remote setting
- Articulating a depth of understanding of customers needs to show the value of eSpark as the solution
- Effective territory and time management to build and grow revenue, strategically
- Scheduling meeting with decision makers at target districts
- Supporting principals and district administrators in the decision to purchase eSpark via phone & email by conveying the value
- Talking with teachers using an eSpark trial to help them advocate for eSpark in their entire school and district
- Maintaining a high level of effective sales activities with focus on outbound calling, data-driven emailing, and pipeline management
- Developing proficiency in the eSpark product and services and a strong ability to demonstrate them effectively
- Bringing a team spirit. Consistently contribute to the strength of the team; sharing personal expertise, and collaborating across teams to design and implement creative solutions for customers
Our vision is that every student, regardless of their circumstances or background, has the opportunity to set and realize an ambitious dream for themselves. Our mission is to reimagine learning to be student-centered, enabling students to succeed in school and life. In the last school year, more than 1M students used eSpark, many of them for the first time. Our customer satisfaction (measured by net promoter score) has grown steadily and is now 79. We just raised a $25M round of funding in January 2022 to scale up our product-led growth strategy.
Impact. Our work makes a significant difference in students’ lives. Independent testing data from public school districts across the country consistently show that students learn more in areas of personalized study with eSpark. One researcher from MIT evaluated eSpark in Boston Public Schools: “I find strong positive, significant effects of eSpark for both math and English Language Arts (ELA). So the eSpark intervention, which is just 30 minutes a day, led to almost half the effect of a full year in a high-performing charter school. I view these as very impressive gains. The findings made a substantial dent into the black-white achievement gap.”
Diversity. At eSpark, we believe all people—adults and students alike—deserve respect for who they are. We work hard to make eSpark an environment where everyone can thrive and succeed. We support employees as individuals through people-centric management and as a company with our IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) employee resource group. We believe our team should reflect the student populations we aim to serve.
Pandemic. The last two years have been a time of unprecedented challenges for teachers, students, parents, and schools. We have seen in our work that eSpark’s personalized curriculum, made of fun and educational activities adapted to each student, is helping to address learning loss. We’re supporting teachers by giving them the tools and live support they need to support both remote and in-person learning. By serving students through the school system, we believe we can reach students most at risk of falling behind from the pandemic.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
In addition to a competitive salary and stock options, eSpark offers full healthcare coverage (including vision, dental, and mental health benefits), generous vacation and parental leave policies, flexible work-from-home and remote work options as well as a welcoming (post-pandemic) office environment and your choice of technical equipment.
More Information on eSpark Learning
eSpark Learning operates in the Edtech industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL and San Francisco, CA. eSpark Learning was founded in 2010. It has 50 total employees. To see all 11 open jobs at eSpark Learning, click here.
Read Full Job Description