Account Executive at MediaNews Group (Minneapolis, MN)
The Multimedia Sales Representative focuses on selling and growing our print, digital, mobile, and social advertising solutions, with a heavy concentration on print and growing new digital initiatives. Candidates in this position will be responsible for maintaining and growing existing revenue as well as targeting new business on a monthly basis. A successful candidate will establish and maintain long-term relationships with key decision-makers, followed by a proactive approach in anticipating client needs. This position will require you to be highly proficient and professional in presenting to large groups of people and be able to articulate our value proposition effectively.
What you will be doing:
- Work independently and make sound business decisions related to achieving revenue goals while communicating with your manager each day to discuss strategy, forecasting and other key issues
- Strategically prospect for new accounts, conduct needs assessments to determine customer needs, generate ideas and proposals, present recommendations, close the sale and set client expectations
- Analyze clients' advertising business objectives in order to prepare creative solutions by using all appropriate products and services to fit the advertisers' budget and campaign goals
- Own the sales and retention cycle for each campaign working in conjunction with the assigned support and operations teams.
- Meet with individual clients at appropriate frequencies (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) to review schedules, budgets and create new strategies
- Prepare and develop sales recommendations using our resources by gathering appropriate statistics concerning market share, demographics, market volume and various platform effectiveness
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of product features and benefits, rates, and packages and explain them in a way to match recommendations to customer needs
- Meet deadlines, create accurate advertising orders, and submit client contracts and complete sales reporting in a timely manner
- Develop prospective leads using a variety of sources, including digital, radio, TV and direct mail, attend local or category business events for networking opportunities and stay up-to-date with industry trends
- Analyze and interpret key sales metrics and develop strategies to reach sales success
What you will bring:
- Ability to identify customer needs and effectively match to solutions
- Must be detail oriented and understand the consultative sales process
- Strong customer relations, sales and effective communication skills are necessary
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks under the pressure of deadlines and through interruptions is vital
- Excellent presentation and customer relationship skills
- High school diploma/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of retail, service, face-to-face sales experience
- 3-5 years of outside sales experience
- Experience in a media-advertising environment
- Digital Marketing, Social Media and Mobile Advertising familiarity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Programs that include Facebook, SEO, SEM and Web Advertising is preferred
Who we are:
The St Paul Pioneer Press, a subsidiary of MediaNews Group, offers news reporting and third party advertising and marketing opportunities through its multi-platform products which include: web, mobile, tablet, and print. We are one of the largest media groups in the U.S., serving high-value audiences and connecting advertisers to them. MNG publishes award-winning content (49 Pulitzers) that amasses and engages a nationwide audience via 800 multi-media platforms including web, mobile, social, and print. We are transforming the news industry.
"Built In 2023 Best Places to Work Official Winner"