Account Executive at Nexient (Columbus, OH)
| Columbus, OH
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:59 p.m. (CST) on Friday, September 16, 2022
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
Nexient’s Account Executives are responsible for promoting and our company's services. This critical role identifies and researches potential clients, generates leads, engaging with prospects, describes our services and closes sales. Nexient’s approach is highly collaborative an often requires our account executives to orchestrate and execute across an array of client and internal personnel, building deep and lasting relationships along the way.
Role and Responsibilities
- Generate $3-$10M in bookings
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with clients and partners by understanding focus and needs, and anticipating them in advance
- Actively facilitate and collaborate with the General Manager, Client Partners, Consulting Directors and other leaders to grow revenue and expand existing accounts, particularly in finding new buyers
- Learn and understand Nexient’s go-to market, key service offerings, sales plays, messages and motions; be able to lead walk through of Nexient’s standard corporate presentation with customers and prospects
- Identifying, qualifying and closing new accounts/logos and opportunities in the designated region, with the ability to travel to other states within the region
- Hire, lead, manage and hold accountable account executive(s) in the region once promoted to a level where hiring fits the model
- Manage total sales performance for the region, inclusive of pipeline health
- Drive/lead coordinated regional marketing efforts in tight partnership with GM, CRO and Marketing
- Coordinate/co-lead renewal and expansion SOWs as needed
- New logo demand generation, in collaboration with Marketing
- New logo lead generation through various motions & activities as defined by the company and/or the individual
- Acquire new logos or new buying centers of existing logos
- Ensure Nexient’s CRM is sustained as the single source of truth
- Participate and/or lead in account planning, and take ownership of establishing, following up, managing and executing on contact plans
- Participate and contribute to weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and account planning meetings/calls
- Generate leads and follow-up to qualify, disqualify, nurture, and ultimately close opportunities. Expected lead gen activities include, but not limited to:
- Attend conferences and events as requested or needed
- Generating lists and cold calling
- Call personal contacts and generate referrals
- Actively leverage connections of Nexient employees at all levels and Nexient’s board of directors and turn those into leads wherever possible
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of overall experience selling professional, consulting, digital, and/or IT services with proven track record of exceeding quota
- Sound decision making and critical thinking skills
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization; ability to facilitate problem resolution within all levels of an organization and across organizations
- Excellent writing and communication skills with ability to communicate with senior executives, partners, and customers
- Solid organizational, planning and follow up skills, including attention to detail, timely communications and ability to multi-task
- Strong persuasion skills to align client problems with Nexient solution offerings
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability; works independently and professionally without much guidance
- Candidates with one or more of the following preferred:
- Strong knowledge of SaFE/Agile/Scrum
- Experience selling SOW based work with teams vs. pure staff augmentation
- Owns existing rolodex that candidate can call on to sell Nexient services
- Familiarity and practical experience utilizing elements of the “Challenger Sale” methodology
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.
More Information on Nexient
Nexient operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Newark, CA, Kokomo, IN, Dublin, OH and Ann Arbor, MI. Nexient was founded in 2009. It has 728 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 61 open jobs at Nexient, click here.
Read Full Job Description