Account Executive at Ruby Receptionists (Portland, OR)
At Ruby, building connections is our priority because we believe that all business is personal. Over 17 years we’ve become the nationwide market leader in virtual receptionist and online chat services, with a client-base of over 10,000 SMBs, by helping our clients make meaningful connections that grow their businesses. The best part is, with a nearly limitless market, we’re just getting started!
As a Ruby Account Executive, you’ll be part of a team leading us to achieving our customer acquisition targets and revenue growth objectives. You’ll do this by exhibiting what it truly means to be a consultative salesperson, helping prospects realize the value that Ruby will bring to their business. Our sales team enjoys the support and lead generation of a world-class marketing organization. We also take care of each other and have a lot of fun… but we work hard.
The Account Executive will report to the Sales Manager and will be based out of Portland, OR, or Kansas City, MO but we welcome remote candidates for the position (state-dependent).
What You’ll Be Accountable For
- Own and respond to assigned leads and prospects, moving them through the sales cycle, emphasizing the value that Ruby’s legendary reception and chat services can provide to our prospective new customers.
- Develop mid funnel leads using consultative and value-based selling tactics to ensure your sales pipeline is healthy and ready to hit monthly and quarterly sales quotas.
- Achieve and maintain appropriate activity and production levels as they relate to Key Performance Indicators (calls/emails/demos) within a given time frame. (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, etc.)
- Ensure that all new chat customers have a strong understanding of our processes and procedures for rates, calibration, and the reasoning behind our model as they move through the sales funnel.
- Log and record all activity with prospects in Salesforce.com. Ensure consistent follow up and classification of leads to trigger appropriate nurture campaigns. Continually update your sales pipeline and forecast accurately.
- Present and maintain the Ruby brand and image through all communication both on the phone and in person. Uphold Ruby’s mission, vision and values and mirrors that of the potential new customer.
- Collaborate with your team, sharing industry and market news, sales best practices and other experiences to help the team learn, innovate and grow together.
- Stay current on new services and enhancements, Ruby offerings and promotions, and active partnerships to leverage resources and provide a stellar experience for prospects.
- Occasionally attend tradeshows or industry events and communicate Ruby’s value proposition and represent our brand with the highest degree of integrity.
- Adopt and implement the ever-changing and evolving procedures and policies within the Ruby organization with enthusiasm and positivity.
Your Work DNA
- You are an exceptional listener and you know how to dig deep to get anyone, even strangers to open up and share with you.
- You are competitive and want to bring your personal best to the table every day, but you also see the value in celebrating your teammates’ successes.
- You are curious, disciplined, and solutions oriented. You find joy in the challenge of simplifying and solving problems.
- Your ability to understand and anticipate needs, often in advance of your prospect revealing pain points, makes some think you may be a mind-reader.
- You are persistent and persuasive, with good negotiation skills. When someone says, “There’s no way!” you come up with options. You are fearless and consistent, even when you hear “no.”
- You are comfortable conversing with professionals of all walks of life; from high-powered lawyers to hands-on electricians. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You love the fast-paced environment of a growth-stage company, and possess a scrappy, hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach.
- You know how to manage stress like a pro and even in the midst of chaos you’re able to stay cool. It helps that you have a great perspective and you won’t let a crazy day at work keep you from enjoying life.
- A minimum 6 months in a sales, sales development role (preferably in a high-volume environment focused on technology), or in a consulting or investigations-focused role.
- Experience balancing outbound activities and inbound leads, and a tenacity to achieve targets and hit MRR quota.
- Strong sales acumen
- Familiarity with CRM databases preferred, Salesforce experience is a plus!
- Strong written/verbal communication skills to diverse audiences via multiple mediums. Bachelors degree, preferred.
- Experience in software industry a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus
Candidates near Portland, OR, or Kansas City, MO, have the option to work from one of our beautiful open-concept offices. Ruby requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date on their booster before working in-office, full-time or hybrid. If an in-office environment isn’t for you or the distance is prohibitive, working from home is also an option for most positions, unless otherwise stated in the job ad. The position requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and computer.
Ruby Receptionists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of work visas at this time.
Ruby participates in e-Verify; however, we adhere to state or federal laws & regulations regarding non-participation where applicable. Feel free to ask us about this if you have questions.