Account Executive - US West Region at Pythian (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:47 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 7, 2022
Account Executive - US West Region
US West Region (PST) | Remote | #LI-Remote | Work from Home
Are you an US west based Account Executive who has experience in hunting for new business, developing relationships with C and VP-level executives, and who has a history of selling disruptive products and services? Do you want to represent a leading edge IT consulting company and a respected brand in the data management space?
At Pythian, we’re looking for a successful Account Executive to join our North American sales team. You will be responsible for managing a book of business, overseeing relationships with top client executives, and working with existing clients to expand Pythian’s footprint as well as ensuring customer retention.
If this is you, and you wonder what would it be like to work at Pythian, reach out to us and find out!
What will you be doing?
- Planning target account expansion strategies and tactics and identifying opportunities to cross sell from one offering to multiple offerings within Pythian’s portfolio.
- Leading introductory meetings with other contacts within the client organization by positioning Pythian’s value proposition and identifying their short term and long term strategic objectives.
- Working with clients to secure contract renewals and expanding services under contract.
- Leading account planning, growth strategy, and client business reviews, and ensuring customer satisfaction and retention.
- Building positive and productive internal and external relationships as well as developing executive relationships within the client organization.
- Keeping thorough records of customer interactions, providing sales projections on a weekly basis, and meticulous CRM (salesforce.com) updating.
- Travelling as required to attend in-person meetings with prospects and clients, attending conferences, trade shows, and other industry events, as well as annual sales kickoff meetings.
What do we need from you?
- While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered.
- 8+ years experience in selling professional or managed IT services in the cloud, application, analytics, data management and data infrastructure space.
- Previous experience in a sales role in the information technology or professional services sector with a track record of developing and managing client relationships and significantly growing revenue with current accounts.
- Experience in selling cloud technologies and services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure) as well as a deep understanding of the growing purpose and role of various public cloud platforms. Cloud certifications are an asset.
- Strong understanding of the vital role of data in the application and analytics space and the various underlying technologies both in the cloud and on prem.
- Proven ability to retain customers and help them expand their product footprint.
- Experience effectively communicating product changes and updates.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience.
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of Salesforce, and its importance.
What do you get in return?
- Love your career: Competitive total rewards package with an annual bonus
- Love your development: Hone your skills or learn new ones with our substantial training allowance; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Love your work/life balance: Why commute? Work remotely from your home (forever), there’s no daily travel requirement to an office! You can be located anywhere in the South Western US, all you need is a stable internet connection.
- Love your workspace: We give you all the equipment you need to work from home including a laptop with your choice of OS, and an annual budget to personalise your work environment!
- Love your community: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 370 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are a Account Executive; live in the South Western United States; love your data and want to love your career then join us!
For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently– Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.
Love Your Data™ is a registered trademark of Pythian Services Inc.
*INR values are approximate at CAD to INR exchange rate June 2021
No recruitment agencies
More Information on Pythian
Pythian operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in New York, NY. Pythian was founded in 2022. It has 426 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and 401(K). To see all 20 open jobs at Pythian, click here.
Read Full Job Description