Account Executive - Restaurant at Upside (Washington DC)
Upside is a high-growth retail technology company driving hundreds of millions of dollars in proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. Unlike the many apps and services that provide discounts to consumers but actually hurt retailer profitability, Upside is the only two-sided marketplace platform that provides proven incremental profit to retailers. Tens of thousands of retailers nationwide are seeing a 52% ROI on average—results that have been independently audited by Fortune 500 and third party analytics companies. On the consumer side of the marketplace, millions of users power $2 billion in purchases through the Upside platform every year. They use our top-rated mobile app to see 2 to 3 times more value on their purchases than with any other product. By helping people and businesses do better, communities grow stronger. Upside is venture-backed by some of the best names in venture, including Bessemer Venture Partners, Data Collective, and Formation 8.
Meet the Sales team:
Our sales team is a driven, positive, and diverse group of individuals who work to bring new merchants onto our Upside platform. We are passionate about the work we do and excited about the future that we're building. We regularly meet for lunches and other social events, and we love working together in a collaborative, upbeat, and focused way to meet both our individual and team goals.
About the job:
Upside is growing and is in search of a hardworking and solution-focused Account Executive. In this role, you'll gain a detailed knowledge of our product and work directly with restaurant owners and operators. This role collaborates with multiple departments, including product, marketing, and account management, to represent the voice of the customer.
What you'll do:
- Learn Upside’s unique features and demonstrate the value to merchants
- Be responsible for a full, short-to-medium sales cycle from lead to close
- Track personal performance metrics including pipeline analytics and quota in Salesforce
- Partner with internal and external teams to add Restaurants to the Upside marketplace
- Use best in class tools to connect with prospects with the support of our marketing team.
- Manage your book of business within a defined territory
- Hit all performance-related goals
- Report to the Director, Business Development on weekly / monthly / quarterly sales results
What you need:
- Experience in a fast-paced or transactional sales role or a willingness to learn
- Previous work experience selling to restaurant, retail, or similar SMB categories ideal
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Strong computer and technical skills, as well as Salesforce or similar CRM software required
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to close effectively
- Self-starter work ethic, entrepreneurial personality, and competitive spirit
- Highly flexible with the ability to thrive within a fast-paced, constant-change environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred, with relevant experience considered on a case-by-case basis
The fine print:
- This role will sit at either our downtown DC headquarters or our River North, Chicago office
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated resource. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!#LI-MJ1