Who are We?
Intersection is an experience-driven Out of Home media and technology company that delivers programming, consumer amenities, and advertising to cities. From free internet access to way-finding to real-time information, our products make city life easier and more sustainable. We further enrich cities with experiential programming that inspires and engages people throughout their day. With valuable, diverse audiences in America’s top cities, we provide innovative, data-driven solutions for brands to reach urbanites at scale.
What is the Role?
The Out-of-Home (OOH) industry is growing at an accelerated rate, and Intersection is leading the way. To support this growth, we’re expanding our team.
Intersection is seeking an Account Executive, based in Portland, who is a seasoned media professional to join our talented team. The right candidate will be skilled at building relationships with brands, a strategic thinker and planner, and proven at creating new revenue opportunities. This role will be focused on driving revenue for our media in Portland.
This Account Executive will bring media experience to the company and a proficient understanding of the Portland market. They will be focused on developing new relationships in the market, while strengthening existing ones, and building best in class campaigns.
Within your first month, you will:
- Have started to familiarize yourself with the Out-Of-Home (OOH) advertising industry
- Have learned about the assets that we offer in the Portland market
- Have shadowed phone calls from seasoned team members, practicing approach, pitching Intersection as a company, and learning about client opportunities
- Gain an understanding of your client’s needs and historical campaigns and media preferences
- Have started to prospect and cold call new businesses
Within your first nine months, you will:
- Have a deep understanding of the OOH industry and how to make strategic pitches
- Be securing at least one face to face meeting per day
- You will focus on strengthening your client/agency relationships through regular face to face meetings
- Be meeting and exceeding quarterly and annual targets
- Have a steady flow of revenue from new business prospects, bringing new advertisers to Intersection
You’re great for this role because:
- You have professional experience selling local media
- You have proven success meeting and exceeding advertising sales targets
- You have strong advertising relationships in Portland
- You are a self-starter with excellent time management, decision-making skills and a strong work ethic
- You have outstanding communication skills; excellent cross-functional collaboration and teamwork
- You have a competitive mindset, while also being a team player
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. It’s our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and it’s our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.