Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving the $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, consumers have gained access to free stock trades, greater transparency in the mortgage market, and apps that make managing their money more convenient. Yet real estate investment, the most powerful tool for building generational wealth, has largely been the purview of wealthier individuals and professional money managers.
Mynd is determined to overhaul that paradigm.
At Mynd, we’re on a mission to democratize access to happy homes and sustainable investments by making the purchase of single-family residential real estate as effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Moreover, many potential investors don’t want to buy real estate in their geographic area, or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets.
With operations in 25 markets across the U.S. and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with buying real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, lease, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100 percent remotely.
Mynd is Best Places to Work certified, a Built In SF Best Places to Work 2022 winner, and was named the #1 fastest-growing East Bay company by the San Francisco Business Times in 2021. We’ve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, The New York Times, McKinsey, BCG, Compass, Better, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, WeWork, and Facebook. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, Jackson Square, and QED, and recently announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country.
About the role:
The Portfolio Account Executive is for the seasoned sales professional that loves the thrill of the chase and is able to bring or form relationships of high net worth real estate investors. Successful individuals will understand industry trends, communicate effectively with prospects to understand their needs and consult real estate investors with 10 or more rental homes in their portfolios on how Mynd can partner with them to expand their successes. They are willing to, and excited by, meeting real estate investors where they’re at, scheduling dinners, events and presentations. The Portfolio Account Executive will be provided with a list of known investors to call on but are also excited to develop their own prospecting list.
The ideal Account Executive is driven to win; self motivated, client-centric, goal-oriented, and strategic. Must have a proven track record of building a book of business and achieving measurable sales goals. A background in (and passion for) real estate is required for this role.
- Partner with the Regional Director and Sales Director to formulate annual, quarterly and monthly sales plans and objectives.
- Manage entire sales cycle from prospecting clients to closing and onboarding portfolio.
- Unearthing new sales opportunities through networking.
- Develop relationships with and ultimately acquire new clients, specifically investors with 10 or more residential rental properties
- Attend industry specific events and be a voice of leadership
- Lead team in quota carrying performance
- Set and track regional sales targets, aligned with Mynd objectives
- Suggest actions to improve sales processes, to include creating proposal materials, researching contracts, market analysis, assisting with onboarding processes, etc.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times by assisting with the sales, onboarding, and continuous relationship management processes to give new and existing clients a first class experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Active Real Estate License (WA, CA, NV, AZ, CO, TX, IN, TN, GA, NC, FL)
- 5+ years of quota-carrying sales experience, consistently exceeding targets
- 3+ years of industry related experience
- Driven individual that is capable of being completely self sufficient if needed
- Strong customer focus skills with an insistence on developing relationships with new clients
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; including willingness to present at events
- Highly strategic and entrepreneurial; thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals
- Tech savvy with the ability to use G-Suite products, Salesforce, etc.
- Passion for real estate and real estate investing
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.