Account Executive, Financial Communications at Edelman
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:31 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Edelman’s Financial Communications & Capital Markets team is seeking a self-motivated and hardworking individual looking to grow his/her career in financial communications consulting.
As a boutique within one of the world’s largest communications agencies, our team provides corporate communications and investor relations counsel to public and private companies during normal-course business and through transformative events, including M&A, IPOs, spinoffs, bankruptcies, crises and shareholder activism.
We are looking to add a Senior Account Executive to our growing team in Washington, D.C., where we advise many of the largest and most recognizable US and global brands. The candidate will be part of our specialized team of financial communications practitioners, gaining broad exposure to Edelman senior leadership and supporting on all core account tasks, including research and analysis, establishment and execution of communications plans, client collateral and document development, execution of social media and digital strategies, and media relations and outreach.
This position is ideal for an individual looking to take part in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment and to acquire the skills necessary to become a successful financial communications practitioner and advisor to companies of all sizes and operating across all industries.
What You'll Do:
- Research client information including business strategy, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Provide client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, attending and participating in meetings and conference calls, compiling media coverage reports, scheduling and logistics;
- Research, outline, write, edit and proofread materials; ensure quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles
- Identify and work with media; research content calendars for key financial news outlets and trade publications
- Participate in new business process including research, proposal and pitch preparation
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial communications and/or related experience in investment management, investor relations, consulting, or marketing
- Demonstrate interest and proficiency in financial and investment industry issues and vocabulary
- Skilled in written and verbal communication
- Have relationships with local and national news media (experience with financial communications strategy is a plus!)
- Desire to stay up to date with emerging trends and how they integrate into communications programs
- Have proven experience in overseeing the quality and operational performance of accounts, ensuring work quality and deadline adherence
- Understand visual communications, social media, and the digital landscape and how to incorporate them into client programs
- Have participated in the research, planning and development of comprehensive PR campaigns
- Love to work with teams to generate original ideas
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field (public relations, communications, English, advertising, journalism, business)
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
More Information on Edelman
Edelman operates in the Agency industry. The company is located in Miami, FL, Atlanta, GA, Washington, DC and Portland, OR. Edelman was founded in 1952. It has 6475 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 119 open jobs at Edelman, click here.
Read Full Job Description