Sprout Social is used by over 30,000 brands worldwide including Harrods, IHG, River Island, Stoneacre Motor Group, and University of Leeds. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will prospect, develop, manage and close new sales opportunities for the Sprout Social suite of solutions. You will be responsible for driving new business in the enterprise segment by converting prospective clients into customers. You’ll be supported in your mission by our stellar sales support team that includes Business Development Representatives (BDRs), Professional Services, and more.
We need an energetic, driven individual with a keen understanding of prospective client organization’s social media management needs. If you’re the best at what you do and have a strong command of social media for business, we’d love to talk with you.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 4+ years of closing experience in B2B sales
- Experience building an outbound pipeline
- Proven success selling to Enterprise Level companies
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate
- Consistent overperformance in previous roles
- SaaS experience preferred
- Experience building relationships, presenting and selling to C-suite level decision makers across multiple functions
- Ability to manage a large number of prospective accounts and identify problems, opportunities and provide solutions for each of them
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s 3-week new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization
- Partner with the Manager of Enterprise Sales to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them
- Meet with current members of the Enterprise Sales team individually to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role
- Shadow Account Executives on calls to learn sales strategies and positioning
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique and why customers love our solutions
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions
- Learn the relevant customer stories and case studies to justify your value propositions with real ROI examples from the field
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension
- Learn Sprout’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your peers
Within 3 months, you will…
- Meet with your entire book of business and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders
- Understand the contractual language of all your customers and where we can expand our offerings by expansion into new business units or increasing utilization of our platform with existing customers
- Own your numbers - consistently meet and exceed your activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota attainment
- Co-build account & territory plans with your BDR, Professional Services & Customer Success teammates
- Regularly meet with your BDR to define a relationship that ensures seamless communication and coordination on all net new business generation and expansion opportunities
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your customers’ brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor
- Gain a solid understanding of your customer’s internal transitions and mitigate the risk of churn
Within 6 months, you will…
- Have built solid relationships at the C-Level with your “book of business"
- Represent Sprout at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events to continue to build our customer base
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals
- Consistently achieve your revenue targets
Within 12 months, you will…
- Mentor and develop your BDR to become best in class at their respective functions and further advance their skill sets and career trajectory
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the organization and help others grow from your experiences
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive benefit programs
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Lunch options onsite, more than you can ever imagine
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Dublin's city centre
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavourable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, province/state, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!
Whenever possible, we want to provide team members the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. If you prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Dublin location. If you prefer to work remotely from another location within Ireland or the UK, we will accommodate you as best as possible.
If you are based in another location within EMEA, we aren’t able to hire in your location at this time; however, if you’d like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we’ll save your application for possible future consideration.