Account Executive - Email (Remote) at Twilio
Join the team as our next Account Executive - EmailWho we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Account Executive - Email Speciality Sales to play a key role in further growing the business. As our new Account Executive - Email Specialist you will be responsible for advising on pipe-generation, solution selling, and closing opportunities with some of the most prominent and innovative companies in North America.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Grow Email sales with a tight-knit team of resourceful and driven Account Executives
- Engage with a wide range of prospects and customers to understand their business and technical requirements
- Cultivate a deep understanding and expertise in platform and API sales, with an emphasis on email infrastructure sales
- Master complex cross-functional collaboration to enable Twilio Generalist Account Executives and Solutions Engineers to unlock full potential of email sales with high-growth companies
- Balance a heavy funnel of inbound email leads, cross sell Twilio SendGrid into the Twilio install base, and hunt for strategic email target accounts
- Create pricing proposals, negotiate terms and manage the contract process whilst building trust and mutual respect with customers and peers
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of selling experience and a proven track record of success, ideally selling software or SaaS solutions, experience in the Email, Marketing Automation or ESP space
- Able to bring a solution-oriented approach to selling with a deep understanding of the customer communication space - particularly as it relates to email
- The ability to ruthlessly prioritize, manage numerous opportunities at the same time, and collaborate closely with peers
- Enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to be a trusted advisor and coach to both customers and internal teams around email
- Strong executive presence and quick critical thinking capabilities
- Understanding a wide array of selling motions from SMB/Growth > Mid Market > Enterprise sales
This role will be remote, and based in North AmericaWhat We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $80,784 - $111,078
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.