dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
About the role:
At dbt Labs, we make data work. Our open-source software, dbt, enables anyone who knows SQL to engineer, document, and test data pipelines. By empowering analysts to work like and with data engineers, dbt drastically increases an organization's ability to model and serve analytics. dbt is already used and loved by thousands of companies and we’ve recently launched a paid product, dbt Cloud, to enable this workflow at scale.
In the past few months, dbt Cloud has already been adopted by several Fortune 500 companies and 70% of our pipeline is enterprise (1000+ employee) organizations. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for growing our customer base and setting the continued groundwork for sales at dbt Labs.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for our prospects
- Organize POC implementations of dbt Cloud Enterprise
- Lead and contribute to team projects that develop our sales process
- Work with product to build and maintain the dbt Cloud enterprise roadmap
- Become an expert in SQL, dbt, and enterprise data operations
- Be an active member of the dbt open source community
You are a good fit if you bring:
- 2+ years closing experience in technology sales, with a proven track record of exceeding annual targets
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and develop them into a consultative sale
- Excellent verbal, written, and in-person communication skills to engage stakeholders at all levels of an analytics organization (individual developer up to CTO)
- The diligence and organizational skills to work long, intricate sales cycles involving multiple client teams
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous and fast-paced work environment
- A passion for being an inclusive teammate and involved member of the community
- Experience with SQL or willingness to learn
You’ll have an edge if you have:
- Prior experience in analytics, ETL, BI, and/or open-sourced software
- Knowledge of or prior experience with dbt
Compensation & Benefits:
What to expect in the interview process:
- Phone call with Talent Partner
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Interview panel round with members of the Sales team + mock disco
- Final Interview with member from the Executive Leadership Team
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 9,000 companies using dbt every week, 30,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 1,800 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at [email protected] if you need assistance or accommodation due to disability.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time.