Account Director at VisionPoint Marketing (Raleigh, NC)
As a client-facing, senior consultant within VisionPoint’s Client Services team, the Account Director leverages his/her significant experience in consulting, marketing and relationship management to establish the strategic direction for client projects and lead internal resources in producing amazing, on-strategy work that achieves measurable results, all while delivering outstanding service and building strong relationships at every level of the client’s organizational structure. The Account Director will be the accountable project lead for integrated marketing projects, leading cross-functional teams of digital marketing specialists, writers, designers, project coordinators, account managers, and research partners through every stage of marketing strategy development, branding, media planning and execution.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As a senior and trusted advocate/advisor for assigned client accounts, ensure that all work helps clients achieve their targeted business goals and objectives.
- Act as the owner of client relationships - taking the highest level of accountability for our client experience.
- Own accountability of renewal sales for clients within assigned portfolio
- Establish project vision, support strategists and other subject matter experts in developing specific strategies and then lead the execution of these strategies as the project leader.
- Make critical decisions regarding clients’ marketing needs.
- Establish and strengthen relationships at multiple levels within client organizations, from senior leadership to our day-to-day client contacts, identifying and following through on opportunities to grow our partnerships.
- Proactively and collaboratively address client concerns with the goal of achieving the best possible outcome.
- Lead and support Project Managers in managing the day-to-day interaction with clients and internal resources, helping to overcome obstacles and manage projects to budget, to timeline and to successful outcomes.
- Prepare and deliver all major milestone presentations throughout the life of a project, including special presentations to client’s senior leadership.
- Support the Strategic Partnerships team in discovery calls and pitch presentations with prospective clients when called upon.
- Represent VisionPoint at industry conferences as a speaker, either individually/alone or with a client as a subject matter expert.
- Continuously monitor the marketplace and offer thought leadership to VisionPoint and to clients on trends and relevant news/findings.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interest and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Journalism, Communications or relevant field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in account and client relationship management in marketing
- Experience leading projects involving SEO, paid digital and traditional advertising, and analytics
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, listening and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor, poise and self-presentation
- Affinity for / comfortable with technology
- Critical thinker and ability to deliver high-caliber, strategic solutions
- Strong desire to lead and work with others in establishing and achieving common goals
- Impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to lead and delegate
- Strong customer relationship skills including the ability to secure, grow and retain accounts and to identify and solve potential risks and issues
- Quick learner and self-starter who pushes for results even when dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to work and manage stress in the midst of high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively plan, anticipate and take appropriate action in a proactive manner
- Not just the capacity but the desire to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills for a high volume of activities with varying priorities
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn while mentoring and educating others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel/spreadsheets and comfortable learning new software as needed.
- Actively contribute to VisionPoint’s culture
Commensurate with experience.WHAT WE ARE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with – and contribute to – our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.