Account Director at Hoverstate (Provo, UT)
This is a remote, work from home role.
The Account Director is responsible for being a strategic partner and trusted advisor to our clients by helping them address business imperatives and issues with the right technology solutions. They champion a superlative client experience by leading a dynamic integrated team to develop innovative and strategic programs while achieving excellence in execution. They should not only advocate for Hoverstate’s suite of capabilities and expertise but also lead business development activities with existing and new accounts.
The Account Director leads both projects and people with comprehensive knowledge of our clients’ business goals and needs. This will be a supervisory role, working closely with a team of project managers responsible for the day-to-day execution of projects. The Account Director must effectively communicate our clients’ vision with internal teams for program alignment, thus this individual should be adept at understanding business problems, evaluating options, and partnering with our clients to solve their business challenges.
- Consult with, and grow, existing client accounts with a focus on profitability across multiple accounts.
- Identify growth opportunities and initiate long term planning with internal teams to bring these to fruition
- Demonstrate a depth of understanding of the client’s business and how to lead results‐oriented projects in a fast‐paced environment
- Work with clients and key stakeholders to ensure the ideas that are sold stay true to the strategic plan through execution and delivery
- Responsible for properly scoping/pricing engagements, establishing optimal operating models and project team organization, and leading the transition from the sales process to the delivery phase
- Effectively balance client and internal team demands to deliver high-impact work on time and on budget
- Manage financial performance of accounts and their contribution to Hoverstate’s financial success
- Demonstrate commitment to and enthusiasm for customer success by ensuring the delivered product is fully-functioning, performs to business requirements, and meets or exceeds expectations
- Work closely with Hoverstate executives on client strategy and be involved in new business pitches
- Travel up to 15% of the time and present to clients at their headquarters
- Provide coaching, guidance, mentorship, and performance management of all direct reports
- Get the best work out of the client, the agency, and the team by fostering an environment where everyone feels supported and brave about ideas
- Responsible for overseeing the execution and delivery of software applications to clients designed to enhance the services and level of support provided to the client.
- Partner closely with Project Management for the overall planning, organizing, executing, and delivery of all projects
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 7-10+ years of experience in Software Development or similar digital design experience, including 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Healthcare and Life Sciences IT Delivery Experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Field of Study: Business Administration, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Strong understanding of project/program management principles
- Knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Strong ability to identify problems, mediate issues, develop solutions, and implement a course of action.
- Ability to drive business and technical discussions
- Ability to build commitment within the team.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Past experience in client management, consultation, and retention
- Analytical and strategic thinker with a proven track record of showing initiative
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing client needs, with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- A leader with prior management experience who can teach necessary skills to direct reports
- Experience with contract writing and negotiations
- Aptitude to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly
- Positive attitude and self-motivated with a thirst for knowledge
Hoverstate is a Digital Consultancy with offices in California (Los Angeles, Oakland), Texas (Lubbock), Utah (Lehi) and Italy (Milan, Turin) specializing in Health and Life Sciences. We are a digital consultancy specializing in: delivering customer-centric transformation, innovative digital products, forward-thinking technology strategies, leveraging compliant technologies, developing rock-solid code, testing our products with a robust QA team/automation, then backing it all with marketing support. If there is a problem to be solved in the digital space, Hoverstate can solve it.
Since 2008, Hoverstate has counted world-renowned health insurance and life sciences companies among our roster of clients. Our focused expertise keeps our clients on top of changes in policy, privacy rules and usability for their customers. Our mission is to continually create best-in-class user experiences through our robust design and testing practices, backed by some pretty impressive feats of technology, to bring this slow-to-innovate sector into the 21st century.
Hoverstate + Pega: A Long History. Hoverstate has been a Certified Pega partner since 2013. Every day we leverage Pega’s adaptable architecture to deliver applications to our clients in record time while creating outstanding user experiences with meaningful business results. Thanks to our extensive experience, and proven ability to execute Pega projects the "Pega Way", we were chosen as one of the first Pega Ventures funded partners in 2017. That means we have the full backing and endorsement of Pegasystems.
What Hoverstate Offers
Pay | competitive salary and bonus plan
Health | generous healthcare benefits
PTO | unlimited vacation, all holidays, sick and bereavement leave
401K | company contributions
Relocation | relocation assistance
Continuing Education | yearly stipend for your choice of ongoing education, conference attendance, training or certification
Growth | join Hoverstate for the opportunity to join a rapidly growing, well-established business that offers accelerated recognition and rewards, where you’ll see your contributions and great ideas directly impact our business
Environment | fun, friendly, collaborative, innovative, fast, yet professional!
Networking | regular, personal interaction with the Hoverstate senior leadership team and senior leadership of our clients.