Are you a gregarious sales representative that wants to make money selling innovative technology? If you’re an overachiever, who enjoys delivering exceptional results and wants to help build our business, this will be an exceptional job opportunity for you!
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Instagram, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a Growth Account Executive, you will have the opportunity to be a key contributor to work with existing ChowNow clients to make sure they are making the most out of the partnership. You will get invaluable experience learning how to analyze data and research findings to generate relationships with current ChowNow clients and upsell them on products. The Growth Account Executive team will be doing health checks with existing client portfolios, handling termination calls from existing clients, managing select client support issues, and selling additional ChowNow products to these clients.
You will constantly be collaborating with your peers and manager to implement our sales methodology, Value Selling, and develop a strategy that allows you to create awareness with your prospects, demonstrating that you are a thought leader in the restaurant technology space, so you can help restaurateurs improve their business by using different aspects of the ChowNow platform. This position requires the right combination of grit, curiosity, and the drive to help small business owners with their daily challenges.
Reports to Inside Sales Manager, Growth; No Direct Reports.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- To be trained and knowledgeable on team tools and processes
- Introduce yourself to the Customer Support Team, Partnership Team and Restaurant Success Manager team
- Go through Partnership trainings to understand how you will interact with third parties
- Begin outreach to new clients from ChowNow’s partners and existing clients
- Drive your own deals through a sales cycle focusing on upselling opportunities
- Confidently run in-product web demos for existing customers
- Own and manage relationships through multiple channels
- Learn how to manage a successful Termination call
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Have regular meetings with our Growth team to strategize on adjustments to make the team more effective
- Lead Termination calls and help existing clients by troubleshooting issues
- Prioritize strategic opportunities and resources to maximize your own output
- Hit and exceed your quota numbers
- Understand the importance of reports and dashboards in SFDC to evaluate your pipeline and KPIs
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Continue working through our pipeline to maximize the close rate for all workable channels
- Shape, iterate, and scale our sales strategy, taking initiative to improve the team's practices, tools, and content
- Contribute to the growth of the team
- Hit and exceed your quota numbers
You Should Apply If:
- You’re an experienced, hungry sales professional with 2+ years of experience, and a proven track record of winning deals in a short sales cycle.
- You have a track record of consistent over-achievement in your current role
- You’re genuinely curious about people, local restaurants, and food trends. You enjoy building lasting relationships that enable you to build a book of business where referrals are the norm
- You practice as hard as you play. You’re a market expert, you know your competitors, you’re up to date on the latest trends, you’re coachable, and you’re willing to put in the time to master your craft to understand how your buyer makes decisions
- You thrive in fast-paced sales culture where changes are common and you adapt quickly
- You are a fast learner when it comes to processes and technology
- Experience with restaurants is a plus.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
ChowNow takes the health and safety of our team seriously. Effective December 1, 2021, we will require all employees to have been vaccinated against COVID-19. We strongly believe that this is the best way to protect our employees, families, clients, and communities. All requests for accommodations will be considered.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read here about your California privacy rights.