Account Development Representative - Dutch Fluency at Samsara (Remote)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
As an Account Development Representative (ADR) at Samsara, you will be trained, both on-the-job and with formal training programs led by a world-class team of sales professionals, to take on your next role as closing Account Executive. The role is remote friendly.
On a daily basis, you will be responsible for sourcing pipeline for our EMEA business, generating opportunities via outbound outreach.
This position can be based in the UK or the Netherlands. Our European headquarters are based in London.In this role, you will:
- Work directly with Account Executives (Mid Market and Enterprise) to drive pipeline through personalized outreach to prospects via phone, emails and Linkedin
- Partner with leadership across functions to build Samsara’s European business
- Become a product expert and learn the Samsara way of selling
- Keep meticulous records of interactions with leads in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Experience in sales, with 6-12 months experience in a sales role minimum
- Experience in volume cold calling prospects (outbound lead generation)
- Highly motivated and ambitious, with strong desire to work in target driven sales
- Proven track record of consistent quota over-achievement
- Curious and able to ask insightful questions
- A champion of a Growth Mindset
- Highly Proficient in English or Dutch
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in closing-sales roles
- Proven track record of achievements beyond work (e.g. academics, sports, charity, …)
- Can collaborate and influence in a “win as a team” environment
- Excited about solving new problems in innovative ways
- Motivated to help building a fast-growing business in the IoT and SaaS space
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.