Account Development Rep at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA)
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco Meraki representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud- managed IT a reality. Headquartered in San Francisco, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China as well as a new office in the heart of the West Loop in Chicago!
As an Account Development Representative (ADR) for the Cisco CNG Group, you will be responsible for developing and qualifying both end customer leads and prospective resellers for the Meraki sales organization. You will maintain a deep understanding of Cisco Meraki’s products and services, as well as industry and customer needs in order to identify appropriate prospects and swiftly establish effective contacts. This is a high-energy position requiring an individual who is extraordinarily motivated, adaptable, resourceful and results-oriented. Attention to detail and understanding how to manage your time is critical. As an ADR, you are often the first interaction a customer will have with Meraki. Therefore it will be crucial for you to conduct business dealings with prospects in a way that builds a positive customer/prospect experience that will set the stage for future product sales for Meraki. This role offers an environment to learn, practice, and establish a strong foundation that is invaluable for a career in technology sales.You Will:
- Perform high volume prospecting/calling into organizations via cold-calling, networking, e-mail, in-bound leads as well as utilizing internet information sources to build and maintain a lead development pipeline
- Bring creative ways to find new leads and be proactive with your prospecting - creativity is encouraged at Meraki and you’ll often hear ‘let’s give it a try!’
- Identify eligible opportunities to close and independently run the customer and their reseller through the full sales cycle
- Assist in growing our channel by gauging interest from prospective resellers of Meraki and onboard those interested as formal Partners
- Articulate Cisco's value proposition to decision-makers across multiple industries to assess buying interest and work independently to understand how to proceed with a prospect’s needs
- Clearly articulate Cisco Meraki products and solutions with prospective customers to successfully handle and overcome objections
- Meet and exceed daily, weekly, and quarterly goals on call volume, opportunity, closed won and reseller quota
- Heavy use of Salesforce.com, SalesLoft, ZoomInfo and other tools to manage and create leads, and ensure data integrity
- At least 1 year sales closing experience in B2B sales; experience with carrying a quota
- 2+ years of work experience preferred
- Experience building strong professional relationships and leveraging those to hit quota
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Obsession with organization, detail, multitasking and time management
- A hunger to learn, and are committed to a positive and inclusive team environment
- Direct promotional path to Account Executive in approximately 12 months (dependent on performance)
- Uncapped commission and accelerators after hitting quota
- In-depth sales and product training/coaching
- Catered lunch, various breakfast foods and snacks daily
- Onsite gym for all employees (depending on office location)
Need to be authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.