Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. In the last four years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $7 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card combines the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan. Our latest offering, Rewards Checking, gives customers access to no-fee checking accounts with 2% cash back rewards on common everyday spending. Learn more about the team.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably. Upgrade has been included in the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products to join a team of 750 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Let us tell you more…
As an Account Advisor, you will engage with our customers by phone and email providing the best in class service related to current status of accounts, payments and other concerns. You will be encouraged to collaborate with management and team members to accurately and efficiently assist our customers.
Weekend opportunities available!
What you have
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required, Associate’s or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Required: minimum of 2 years in a customer service role
- Preferred: minimum 12 months experience in loan servicing and/or payment processing
- Working knowledge and experience with FDCPA and FCRA regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to business needs
- Capability of gaining customer loyalty through listening, relationship building and professional and persuasive communication skills
- Team player seeking a fast-paced and challenging environment #goteam
- Proficient in Microsoft, Cloud based products and Google apps
What you'll be doing
- Interacting with customers to answer questions, provide assistance, and process requests by phone and email
- Answer incoming customer calls regarding billing issues, service questions and general concerns
- Provide thorough and accurate documentation to customer accounts through our communication channels
- Identifying areas of opportunity for optimizing results and improving customer satisfaction.
- Be a daily key contributor to improving training and development
- Servicing accounts by investigating problems and finding resolutions to help overcome objections that customers may have about making payments and working towards solutions that best fit the customer needs, creating a positive customer experience #customerserviceninja
- Maintain superior quality assurance results
- Coming to work with a positive outlook contributing to Upgrade’s already enjoyable environment
COVID-19 Notice: This role takes place in our Downtown Phoenix office. The space exceeds recommendations from CDC to ensure a safe workplace amidst COVID-19.
It gets better:
-Great OPEN office environment!
-Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Phoenix
-Close to light rail and public transportation
-New Hire Training Program
-Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
-Paid parking or platinum pass
-Wellness Incentive Program
-Paid time off (PTO)
-Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description