Vendor Manager at Opendoor
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:48 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
As the National Vendor Manager, you’ll work with our local market teams and their General Manager as well as other Opendoor teams across the Organization. You’ll be in a supporting role that helps drive operational excellence, cost-saving strategies, and impactful initiatives that differentiate Opendoor.
As a Vendor Manager, you will:
- Train local market to source, interview, and on-board new Vendor partners
- Systems support and maintenance
- Support local teams to ensure they have enough vendors to complete all work without encountering capacity concerns
- Support and drive the execution of national initiatives in the markets
- Support pricing negotiations to ensure that Opendoor has access to competitive rates that leverage our large volume
- Train Vendors on Opendoor systems and hold Vendors accountable to continued proper use of those systems
- Foster an atmosphere of alignment and collaboration
- Vendor sourcing and management experience
- Knowledge in residential construction and renovations projects
- A team-first mentality and eagerness to set & meet aggressive goals
- A positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to help grow our business
- Computer literate with the ability to work with Google Suite Applications
- The ability to perform multiple, detail oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to review, organize and present large amounts of data to support decision making
- Ability to champion Change Management
- 3-5 years vendor management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description