Toll Systems Senior Project Manager (Orlando, FL)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Senior Toll Systems Manager
HDR's Mobility and Operational Technology Services (MOTS) group is seeking a Senior Toll Systems Manager to join our growing Tolling and Alternative Revenue team. The primary responsibilities are to lead toll systems and roadside project delivery, and support transportation clients in toll planning, procurement, development, design, operations, and change management. In addition, the successful candidate will also assist in business development and growing HDR's tolling business and lead the efforts in delivering tasks including the development of scopes, schedules, and budgets for tolling related projects.
At this point in your career, you know what you're looking for in your next role: A solid company with collaborative colleagues that do interesting and unique work for clients that trust them to push open the doors to what's possible. That's what you'll find at HDR.
We are an employee-owned company with more than 100 years of making great things possible together with our clients. Yes, we have the industry awards to prove it, but our pride is in our people. Smart, hardworking team members who take their employee ownership seriously and will have your back at every turn. Their expertise will motivate you to be your best and develop new and better solutions.
In the role of Senior Toll Systems Manager, we'll count on you to:
- Provide oversight and/or manage toll systems and toll related Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology projects including planning, engineering, design, deployment, integration, testing, commissioning, operations, maintenance, communications and overall management.
- Assist with the development of practice areas related to toll program management and oversight including roadside toll systems, toll operations & maintenance, and back-office planning, technical and operational supports.
- Develop and manage scopes of work, cost estimates, procurement documents, contract documents, and provide oversight of project tasks, deliverables, and sub-contracts
- Lead design-build and other alternative procurement processes and/or general program management contracts for toll related work elements including direct interaction with clients, and manage project meetings, design reviews, operations, project production and delivery.
- Lead the development of Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E) design packages for toll systems and facilities including all electronic toll collection systems for toll roads, High Occupancy Toll (HOT) & Express Lanes, and multi-type toll plazas
- Lead the preparation and/or technical review of toll systems planning studies, engineering analyses, Concepts of Operations, and implementation plans;
- Lead the design and development of tolling concepts and reports including requirement analysis, technology review and selection, toll equipment specifications, and back-office communications and operating systems.
- Lead the development and/or technical review of system integration plans, testing procedures and commissioning documents for toll systems.
- Lead the field services and on-site support of roadside and back-office toll equipment installations, demonstrations, acceptance testing and commissioning activities by third parity.
- Manage field work with technical staff to collect site specific data as projects require
- Assist with the design & implementation of toll related ITS projects including national ITS Standards, Active Traffic Management, communications systems, power distribution networks, and traffic control equipment.
- Assist with the development of local HDR office transportation programs and serve as a technical expert nationally.
- Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of large multidiscipline projects or medium-sized projects with high degree of technical complexity, typically involving multiple project staff
- Establish client relations and be involved with marketing, contract administration, and design and production meetings
- Leverage work-share opportunities and coordinate workload with HDR business class managers locally and nationally
- Learn and follow HDR processes for project management and QA/QC
- Implement QA/QC procedures and execute technical training for junior staff
- Perform other duties as needed
Toll, Tolling, Back Office, Systems, Database, Reporting, Operations, Business Rules, Systems, Operations, Analysis, Revenue, Estimating, Procurement, Project Management, *LI-MP1
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Electrical, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or related engineering field
- 20+ years of experience working on large, complex projects with strong project management background in the tolling industry
- Experience with toll collection technologies and equipment, electronic payment systems, video systems, toll infrastructure, traffic management, information and communication technologies for toll system design and operations
- Proven leadership, project management, business development, technical writing, communications, and mentoring skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Experience working with multiple state DOTs/ regions and Toll / Thruway / Turnpike Authorities.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Involvement in professional organizations in the tolling and transportation technology field such as IBTTA and ITS America
- Local candidates are preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonus and tuition reimbursement. The expected compensation range for this position in New York is $145,163- $207,375 annually/hourly depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location. (Stated benefits are for full-time regular positions. Temporary and part-time roles eligible for limited benefits.)