Test/Project Manager at PaintJet (Remote)
PaintJet is redefining the industrial painting market by introducing advanced robotics, AI and material sciences to optimize the coating process. Our automated approach tackles the systemic labor shortage by focusing on increasing painter productivity and precision application while reducing material waste. We are hiring a proficient and experienced candidate to fill a dual role: SW/HW project management, and product test lead. Due to our success in commercial painting, our ability to deliver product increments on time (and well verified with testing) has become paramount.
This individual should not only hold an advanced technical degree, but should have a minimum of 10 years of direct industry experience with software development, SW/HW testing, and/or project management, within the robotics or closely related industry. This position is not a typical “office job” – it will require “hands-on” interaction with our robotic system both in the laboratory and in the field during painting operations. Testing will include nozzle performance. painting quality, paint formulations, vision systems, etc.
You will be working directly with the R&D engineering staff, paint chemists, test technicians, field supervisors, and painters. You will be tasked with managing development projects located both across the USA and APAC.
This role is on-site, and based within the DFW metroplex.Interim, short-term remote work will be considered. Qualified candidates must be prepared to travel locally < 20% of the time and international travel (< 10% of the time).
- Organize, plan, and execute projects within budget and schedule constraints.
- Use Agile methodologies for day-to-day project management.
- Actively identify and mitigate schedule and technical risks.
- Push project status and risks to key stakeholders and the executive team.
- Manage design review meetings.
Test Team Management:
- Build and manage a small, nimble product verification test team distributed among different regions in the USA.
- Organize and manage testing within different regions within the USA.
- Design cohesive test plans based upon rapidly changing product features and requirements. This may first require working with stakeholders to define and document product requirements.
- Create and implement a strategy for improving pertinent KPIs.
- Provide comprehensive test results and a subsequent assessment (and recommendations).
- Experience with using tools such as Jira and Confluence to manage work output from the R&D and test teams.
- Direct and extensive experience with the Agile management process.
- 10+ years industry experience with software development, system testing (including the design of test cases) and/or SW/HW project management.
- Demonstrated history as a project manager, successfully delivering products to market.
- Experience in either the autonomous or semi-autonomous robotic industry.
- An advanced technical degree in robotics, software, IT, hardware, or closely related field.
- PM and/or test management experience in both mature Tier-1 corporations AND technology start-ups
- Ability to manage projects in multiple, international time zones.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 15Kg.
- 10-15 years of industry experience.
- Mandarin fluency (e.g. CEFR A1, HSK level 6, or equivalent)
- Experience managing vision systems or optics projects.
- Full-time employment
- Compensation competitive and based upon experience
- Stock Options; in accordance with the Company’s stock option plan
- Unlimited Vacation Policy.
- Health, dental, vision insurance provided in accordance with company policy.