AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
AHEAD is committed to a community of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and all other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives here at AHEAD.
We are on this journey to ensure that all AHEADians feel that they can authentically show up and belong at work.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for management and/or oversight of projects and programs existing within the AHEAD IT portfolio. The IT PM will provide a mix of individual project support as well as overall portfolio management to achieve short, medium or long term project goals, (expressed in terms of time, scope, budget, quality and risk).
The IT Project Manager is an experienced IT professional who can lead a team of internal and external resources in the development, validation, and implementation of IT projects critical to the success of AHEAD IT.
- Understands and utilizes the standard project management framework to manage a project from inception through execution.
- Partners with members from IT and the business functions to understand critical priorities and associated interdependencies
- Develops, executes and delivers project plans agreed upon with stakeholders
- Understands and confirms project scope and generates detailed work estimates using internal IT estimation techniques and/or past experience
- Schedules work within the time, budget and quality constraints; documents assumptions and risks
- Defines project requirements and continuously monitors that the solution delivers the agreed upon scope
- Monitors and controls critical project dependencies preventing these dependencies from becoming issues
- Communicates status and escalates as needed
- Manages stakeholder involvement and commitment
- Manages compliance to standards and procedures
- Ensures proper unit and systems integration and user acceptance testing is completed with the required documentation and the appropriate point in the life cycle
- Plans and executes a project management process in a way that will ensure compliance to security, privacy and regulatory aspects of all projects
- Manages supplier performance to ensure that suppliers provide their contribution to the project according to contractual agreements and within the agreed budget and schedule
- 5-7 years experience managing programs and projects within IT; experience managing Infrastructure programs and projects preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Ability to lead a team of project resources.
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management, and time management skills.
- Ability to manage project budgets and timelines.
- Strong ability to independently manage medium to high risk, high complexity projects
- Ability to consistently set clear expectations, manage team performance, and build high morale among team members.
- Advanced proficiency with project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Solid understanding of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation) and the correct project application.
- Experience with Smartsheet a plus
Through our daily work and internal groups like Moving Women AHEAD and RISE AHEAD, we value and benefit from diversity of people, ideas, experience, and everything in between.
We fuel growth by stacking our office with top-notch technologies in a multi-million-dollar lab, by encouraging cross department training and development, sponsoring certifications and credentials for continued learning.
We understand that you have a life outside of work. That’s why we offer flexible paid time off, paid company holidays, and the ability for you to manage your work schedule as needed.
More Information on AHEAD
AHEAD operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL, Brentwood, TN and Atlanta, GA. AHEAD was founded in 2007. It has 1154 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 139 open jobs at AHEAD, click here.
Read Full Job Description