Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
Who You Are:
Platform Science is hiring a Technical Project Manager focused on expanding and accelerating our integration ecosystem. Working with a team of passionate colleagues, you will be involved in shaping the future of our company. We are founded on the mission of making transportation smart.
In this role, you will face project execution, technical, and innovation challenges as you seek to find the optimal balance between the needs of our business and the needs of our expanding customer base. You are able to “talk shop” technically with both internal and external customers, as well as understand the efforts that go into making great hardware and software. You are always asking questions to learn more about the ‘Why’ and ‘How’ of the world. You are a natural leader and take ownership and pride in the quality of both your work and your teams’ work.
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for teams at Platform Science delivering quality code/technology on time and with minimal issues.
- Be able to understand and communicate technical solutions to internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and leadership to find balanced and creative solutions for executing Platform Science’s projects.
- Help run and guide cross team project standups and scrum ceremonies.
- Identify areas of opportunity and weakness in both execution and process, articulating and implementing iterative solutions.
- Generate and maintain project artifacts to serve as the source of truth and keep all stakeholders and contributors on the same page.
- Drive alignment across contributing teams and stakeholders.
- Identify and track critical path and project risks, communicating out and up as required.
- Plow through any roadblocks preventing successful outcomes of the project.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years experience as a Project Manager, shipping user-facing features or delivering new or updated hardware.
- Experience with driving hardware ODM development projects from start to finish.
- Understanding and experience with hardware certification like FCC, PTCRB is preferred
- Excellent project management and team leadership skills; can motivate and lead a skilled group of ambitious peers.
- Experience in SaaS and/or systems integrations is strongly preferred.
- Strong execution skills with acute attention to detail.
- Experience defining team process metrics.
- Exceptional communication skills that allow you to effectively communicate to peers, team members and management.
- Exhibits a positive, can-do attitude and willingness to work in a hyper-growth environment. In other words, roll up your sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced start-up.
- MPM, PPM or PMP certification preferred.
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join us and are dedicated to a transparent interview process. If selected for an interview, we will have a candid discussion to assess which level and/or position you would thrive in most at Platform Science.
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (some plans for employees are 100% covered by Platform Science)
- Generous paid time off and company holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k matching
- Investment in your professional growth in the company
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MD, MN, MO, NC, NH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.