Technical Project Manager at HackerU (Remote)
ThriveDX is seeking a motivated Technical Project Manager who is passionate about innovative engineering education, is mission-driven and high-energy, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to join our software engineering team.
ThriveDX (formally HackerU) is a Global leader - on the cutting edge of digital skills training and transformation. For more than a decade, we have trained thousands of industry experts as well as governments, military, intelligence, law enforcement agencies and top tier enterprises.
Originally founded within Israel’s vibrant high-tech ecosystem, ThriveDX brings a depth of experience and knowledge to partner with continuing education programs, preparing learners and helping them gain employment in a rapidly growing digital workforce.
From top universities like University of Miami, University of Michigan, New York University and California State University - we provide a turnkey solution that propels students into meaningful careers. Through these partnerships ThriveDX is working to uplift learners of all socio-economic backgrounds to close the global digital skills gap one student at a time.
The Technical Project Manager will work cross functionally with Program Directors on defining strategic product delivery roadmap to enhance our ability to deliver a product that meets the needs of our students. They will be responsible for managing the end-to-end product engineering life cycle including activities such as project planning, requirements, estimation, issue/risk identification, and tracking, status reporting, client management, dependency tracking, testing, user acceptance testing, and project closure. Providing timely updates on the status of the projects to cross functional audiences and stakeholders.
- Secures, leads, motivates, and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the product.
- Serves as Certified Scrum Master for the team running the: Stand-up Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Encourage healthy communication, productive workflow, and team cooperation through teaching the team SCRUM and AGILE methodology.
- Maintain a clear overview of project timelines and progress using task management tools. Build and manage the JIRA boards for the team.
- Works in GitHub to manage curriculum data assets when necessary.
- Manages and develops resources assigned to the team.
- Establishes product governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders).
- Serves as a liaison between stakeholders and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of products on time, on budget, and within scope.
- Work with other stakeholders in the company as needed to remove meetings and work from the Curriculum Engineers and the Assoc. APD and Program Director.
- Ensures product delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards.
- Diffuse challenging situations with solutions-oriented handling and effective internal escalation processes to make visible to stakeholders and leadership.
- Manage demand by prioritizing programs and projects based on business needs, resource capacity, risk exposure, and interdependencies.
- Collaborate with the team to refine existing methodologies, and develop enhancements and changes that result in efficient, repeatable delivery.
- Work as a Servant Leader to the team by communicating and advocating for them in order to remove obstacles and blockers.
- Develop trusted partnerships with internal stakeholders by collaborating and delivering on common goals.
- Measures and monitors product delivery actuals, forecasts, and budgets and updates plan with accurate, up-to-date information promptly.
Our Requirements & Your Experience
- 5+ years of product management or program management experience in a fast paced, agile environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work required, advanced degree or work experience preferred.
- Experience delivering end-to-end integrated solutions in complex, scaling environments preferred
- Proficient with different product delivery methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Proficient with product management, project planning, project tracking, documentation, change control, and status reporting tools
- Hands-on Technical experience in Systems engineering, Security and Cloud Infrastructure integration is preferred
Different is Good - At ThriveDX, we are a diverse, global family of lifelong learners, innovators, and education advocates.
Community is Everything - Passion, enthusiasm, and support is interwoven into the fabric of our growing community of lifelong learners.
We Courageously Make Change- We’re not afraid to ask the big questions and then work to create the solutions.
We deliver on our Promises - We hold ourselves accountable for all that we do, for every partner we serve and every learner we support.
Excellence is the only Option- Because we are passionate about education, technology, and advancement for our global community, we expect nothing but the very best from ourselves, our products, and the experiences we provide.
- The initial conversation will be a zoom interview with a member of our talent acquisition team for 30 minutes.
- Followed up by a 30 minutes zoom interview with the hiring manager and another team member for the role
- A final 30 minute zoom interview with a member of department leadership
- Competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental ,Vision, 401k (employer match), Paid-time off, Volunteer Time off, 100% remote
Your Success is our Success
If you are an exceptional team player who is ready to break down walls and forge into uncharted territories, if you want to lead a team of ambitious, passionate and like-minded individuals, then this role and this company is for you!
If you are a Self-starter with a “deploy on day one” mindset who has the confidence and ability to bring substantial value to the organization on an immediate and continued basis, you are the perfect match for us.
We are a group, a family, dedicated to changing-lives with a “Work hard – Play hard” attitude, who value individual contributions towards the collective goal and we cannot wait to meet the next member of our team! (and YES, we mean you)