TECHINCAL PROJECT MANAGER
Remote, but must be based in the US
Tillster, headquartered in the USA, is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. For over a decade we have developed revolutionary self-service, ordering and payments solutions – for mobile, tablet, online, kiosk, call center, and more – creating personalized interactions based on consumer preferences, language, and currency. Our platform is compatible with 15+ unique POS systems, representing over 90% coverage in multi-unit restaurants. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions.
Our mission and passion are one in the same: Empower restaurants and consumers to engage and transact anywhere, anytime, and from any device - one consumer at a time, one order at a time, billions of times over. In doing so, together we are transforming e-commerce in restaurants and make the till grow for Tillster and our customers.
About the Role
Tillster seeks a Technical Project Manager to join its team, managing moderately complex technical and technology-centric programs and projects. These programs are market- and customer centric and involve the delivery of technology solutions globally. You will work cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Engineering, Technology Analysis & Documentation, Technical Support, and other teams, documenting and reporting program scope, deliverables, timeliness, critical paths, change control, and proactively engage in risk mitigation. You will liaise with internal program/project executive sponsors, and other stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate 5+ years’ experience in a technical, software engineering-centric, program/project lead role. You are self-disciplined, highly self-motivated, communicative, precise, and factual, demonstrate adherence to commitments, and appreciate responsibility and accountability. You are personable, demonstrating commitment to best practices and customer satisfaction.
What You'll Do
- Working with one of our biggest clients on the West Coast.
- Build a project plan that gets clients live and to market as fast and with the highest quality possible. All Technical Project Managers, regardless of level, build and execute on client implementations and ongoing delivery or internal projects which, in turn, serve the customer.
- Create clear communication and definition of what has been promised to the customer, the timeline, and outcomes expected.
- Manage a high volume of fast-paced concurrent projects to successful delivery (on time, high quality, meeting requirements, and achieving stated business and technical outcomes)
- Set and meet deadlines with quality deliverables, effectively adapting and modifying plans based on changing data or conditions
- Conduct daily project stand-up meetings, collect and disseminate information to functional teams and stake holders
- Drive cross-functional team deliverables and schedules, hitting target milestones and managing assigned programs/projects according to plan
- Ownership and accountability of accurate and timely project planning, management, coordination, tracking and reporting
- Track open issues and risks and effectively negotiate to impact decisions and trade-offs and to guide issues within internal groups to resolution. Holds project team
- members accountable for their commitments, milestones, resources, and deliverables
- Anticipate, identify, document, and manage key project and program risks, proposing appropriate mitigation and contingency plans
- Identify cross-functional dependencies, track, and report on their progress. Propose workable solutions to problems by analyzing business trade-offs among alternatives, and uses objective judgment and influence to formulate and drive constructive debate and decision making on recommendations
- Document and communicate status, issues, and risks in a timely manner to stakeholders and senior management
- Ensure that the appropriate documents exist and are broadly communicated to drive shared vision among the project teams
- Create clearly understandable and actionable success criteria, objectives, and requirements and communicates them to the team. Conducts team meetings to update status, and identify and resolve issues.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as with internal and external customers.
- Client engagement duties as required or directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a technical project lead role
- Success working in an Agile/SCRUM environment required
- Demonstrated success collaborating with software engineering teams in the delivery of e-commerce software solutions
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; demonstrated success building buy-in
- Technical and technological aptitude – comfort and confidence understanding and discussing architectural concepts, creating innovative and user-friendly e-commerce software applications and consumer-facing interfaces, features, and functionality
- Flexible, adaptable; comfort with ambiguity and responding factually, accurately, quickly to rapidly evolving risks and opportunities
- Strong bias for action; ability to successfully juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Eagerness and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team/program/project and customer goals
- Bilingual highly preferred, English and Spanish
Around the corner and around the globe, Tillster simplifies digital ordering, improves customer engagement and grows sales. For more than a decade, we’ve helped turn guests into regulars. Our award-winning technologies have transformed the casual dining and quick service restaurant industries – and made us the global leader in this space. You will be part of a technology playground offering a fun, collaborative environment where ownership, problem solving, and teamwork are rewarded.
At Tillster, full-time employees are eligible for health and retirement benefits, flexible work schedules and generous PTO. In addition, we aim to support our employees' growth through our Educational Assistance Program and access to over 16K courses spanning business, creative, and technological learning paths via LinkedIn Learning. Finally, with our employee's well-being at the forefront of what we do, we continually search for events, activities, and perks that support and engage our teams. Tillster is based in Los Angeles, California, and has operations in San Diego and remote locations in the U.S., France, Portugal, and Spain.
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Visa Sponsorship
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please