Technical Project Manager, Systems Engineering at Rivian (Remote)
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Project management of Battery Systems Engineering Team deliverables: feature development schedules, test & validation schedules, Inter-sub-system activities, and track electronic component development & delivery
- Management of detailed hardware components’ timelines
- Making sure that system engineering requirement is released and tested:
- Track & manage test activities leading up to feature development
- Tracking of sensor component sourcing and component status
- Issue tracking, corrective action implementations using JIRA and other tools
- Generate and integrate all systems engineering related timelines to the overall Energy Storage System & Vehicle Software timing
- Collaborate with teams to resolve issues
- Work with engineering directors to translate corporate strategy and vehicle program milestones into detailed product/feature roadmaps and deliverables
- Ensure every team understands what they always need to deliver. Define and manage process and regular meetings
- Track and manage different systems engineering versions & configurations across multiple platforms and projects
- Integrate successfully with Validation, Mechanical Design, Cell Engineering, and Software teams
- Elevate issues and risks immediately to mitigate impact to the program
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology field or related work experience
- 3+ years automotive experience in program management
- Understanding of automotive engineering release processes
- Good knowledge of battery systems and battery behavior
- Good knowledge of program management process and vehicle development timeline tools (e.g. Microsoft Project)
- Experience creating and implementing new project/program management processes
- Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams
- Strong team player
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.