Technical Project Manager (SaaS application development) at Zscaler (South Bay)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Each day Zscaler's Cloud processes over 150 billion transactions with near-zero latency to instantly secure over 16 million users in 180+ countries. All transactions are logged which provides unparalleled visibility into the Zscaler cloud. We are looking for data scientists with experience applying machine learning and modeling techniques, including natural language processing, anomaly detection, optimization, and time series forecasting, toward different product areas. The ideal candidate would have a curiosity to dive deep into log data and enjoy discovering patterns that drive new insights.
The Technical Project Manager will drive and manage R&D project planning and tracking, proactively engage team members to resolve blockers, participate and drive Agile scrums, track time sensitive customer deliverables from requirements to delivery, track and report progress, schedule variances and issues status, and work with managers and team members in ensuring timely delivery of committed features and enhancements. This position requires software engineering background to comprehend Zscaler technology and technical aspects of the project.
- Work with Engineering owner to put together a project plan - resource plan and development schedule
- Perform day to day project management and scrum master duties for assigned projects
- Track project progress against plan and report progress, variances and issues status
- Facilitate and coach Scrum team on Agile Scrum practice, remove impediments, reconcile differences
- Track blocking issues, work with managers and Engineering owner on mitigation plan
- Track over all major Release progress to include multiple concurrent projects in development
- Track and schedule regular grooming and prioritization of product line backlogs
- Track project/sprint progress in Jira and MS Project
NOTE:U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
- 8+ years of industry experience in a technical or project manager role within an R&D environment
- 3+ years of Agile practice experience with technology projects
- Experience with Agile methodologies/Tools and Lean thinking
- Experience with SDLC at a SaaS product development team including CI/CD principles
- Expert knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Google Docs, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Power Point and Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced with a multi-site global and diverse team
- Must be able to lead project meetings in a matrix project environment.
- Must be comfortable with mitigating team conflict and resolving communication or other problems within the project team
- Must be resourceful and seek solutions through stakeholder and cross-functional collaboration in driving consensus
- Bachelor's degree in Sciences is preferred
Preferred Qualifications (not required)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.