Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and coordinates all aspects ofprojects from initiation through delivery.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Creates project charters to identify project scope, critical success factors, risks, etc.
- Manages the project work plan and holds the team and project resources accountable to variances in budget and hours.
- Possess thorough understanding of estimation, letters of agreement, master service agreements, staffing model, average bill rates and cost structure by level.
- Interacts with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams.
- Oversees schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment.
- Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May include managing the customization of base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- May work at client sites from time to time requiring some travel.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
A Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 3-5 yrs. work experience managing technical projects in financial services or a related industry or a related technical field, e.g., application development, technology integration, business analysis, client technology consulting).
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, e.g., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
- Knowledge of financial services industry, a plus
- Knowledge of company's products and services
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, Estimates, Metrics and Control, PlanView
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.