Technical Project Manager - Deployment at Verifone (Remote)
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
Position is Located in Grapevine, TX. The position requires being on-site 5 days a week.What you'll do
In this role you will act as a liaison between the engineering organization and the deployment center. Working with the test teams, you will perform quality checks on packages ready for deployment. You will coordinate with deployment center personnel, ensuring that the package deliveries meet planned schedules. On the deployment floor, you will identify issues on the line that impact efficiency/yields and determine corrective actions. This will involve the technical ability to pull and review logs from the controller or directly from the terminal. Write/track Jira tickets for our engineering teams and drive them to closure. Create written guidance to deployment teams. Collect/review metrics pertaining to line failures and suggest actions to improve throughput.
Project (Design) Manager:
- Manages the development and implementation process of a company’s products and services.
- Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products.
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending.
- Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Knowledge of repair and programming of electronic devices.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a technical project management role.
- Experience working with forward/reverse logistics, deployment activities, and/or production.
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, gather the right people to solve, and drive to closure.
- Experience with Jira, Jama, Confluence, MS office applications.
- Knowledge of Project Management and Administration would be an asset.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.