About Pocket Worlds
Our mission is to make the metaverse a reality and our vision is a decentralized virtual world built and owned by its citizens.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade in our metaverse, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with our expansion into Highrise World.
About This Role
As the first Technical PM at Pocket Worlds, you will use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You will own the schedule and deliverables of a project; and work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, roadmap milestones, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. The success and failure of the project development rests on your shoulders.
This role is remote, as is the entire company, but applicants from North & South America, Canada are preferred.
Along the way, you and your team will be building:
- Highrise Studio. The UGC toolkit for users to craft environments, experiences, and content to populate the metaverse.
- Highrise Social. The connecting social fabric of our world, this allows our users to meet and connect with each other in brand new ways not possible with any other virtual world.
- Highrise Marketplace. Completing the loop between creator and consumer, the Highrise Marketplace is bringing a true e-commerce experience to the virtual world.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience managing technical projects.
- Experience in a leadership role demonstrating excellent people and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- Experience with growth consumer product development.
- Experience working with a fully remote team.
- Experience with Unity.
- Excellent in Team Management.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, discussion, and organization skills.
- Experience in a leadership role in a series A/B startup or as a TPM in a tier 1 tech company (Google/Facebook/Apple/etc.).
- Own the development and delivery of features and products. Set timelines and coordinate with engineers to deliver on those timelines.
- Work with a kick-ass team of product designers and engineers to bring Highrise from 3 million MAU to 300 million MAU. Lead strategic programs and guide leadership on making decisions to achieve this ambitious objective.
- Set roadmap, organize milestones, prioritize activities, and manage development for Highrise.
- Communicate with teams spanning all verticals in the company to facilitate communication and deliver objectives.
- Be the "glue" that takes our development team to the next level.
Our goal is to define the future of the metaverse with the product we build, and to grow from tens of millions to billions of users in the process. Pocket Worlds is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Join us on this journey and together we will build something incredible.
More Information on Pocket Worlds
Pocket Worlds operates in the Gaming industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX. Pocket Worlds was founded in 2015. It has 48 total employees. To see all 14 open jobs at Pocket Worlds, click here.
Read Full Job Description