About the Company:
At DNSFilter we have a singular mission: to challenge the way the industry thinks about security via DNS. We support over 15,000 organizations, including Fortune 500 customers like NVIDIA, and Lenovo, and provide DNS security to more than 4 million end users. And we are growing quickly! At the start of 2020, our software was processing 1B queries/day. As we close out 2021 we're now processing an average of 17B queries/day! In the middle of a global pandemic, our team (and product) thrived. We doubled the size of our team, and we're looking to do it all over again in 2022.
About the Role:
To help realize our product vision and sustain our growth, we are looking for an experienced Program Manager that will take the lead on new product feature delivery, tracking product release status, monitoring development team performance, managing our beta program, and maintaining the current status of our development pipeline. The Program Manager will report directly to our Product Manager and will be a strategic contributor to our product going forward.
- Develop and maintain project plans, estimations, specifications, flowcharts, and presentations
- Work with all stakeholders to identify and confirm necessary resources as well as define requirements and deliverables for future initiatives
- Work with the team and leadership to assess task priorities and adjust project plans to account for changes.
- Tracking periodic progress with sprints or similar cadence.
- Identify and resolve issues that may negatively impact a project or project deliverables
- Seek innovative ways to remove project obstacles
- Use technology to augment role responsibilities including extraction of data from tracking systems or generation of custom reporting
- Generation of reports showing status and progress of ongoing initiatives, for consumption by leadership and team members.
- Provide continuous improvement by re-engineering processes to ensure quality and efficiency
- Perform work independently with little or no direct supervision
- Tackle additional tasks outside of your core specialization in order to meet the team commitments
- Native English speaking (read / write / present) ability
- 3-5 years experience developing, maintaining and scaling software project plans
- Knowledge of or experience with modern software development practices (e.g. SCRUM, Kanban)
- The ability to describe complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Experience using technology to extract and process data from systems via API or similar mechanisms
- Attention to detail and pride in your work
- The ability to keep work hours that mostly overlap with 9a-5p Eastern, M-F
- A strong commitment to collaborative work in a remote environment
Bonus points for:
- General understanding of computer networking protocols and DNS
- Some knowledge of computer programming theory and/or implementation
- Knowledge and ability to use scripting to address repeatable tasks or custom report generation
- Strong understanding of data structure design and practical knowledge in querying languages such as SQL
- Familiarity with managing workloads and tracking progress with project tracking systems such as Jira.
- An energetic & entrepreneurial team player who is a strong and proactive communicator
- Self-starter who operates independently while being collaborative with the broader team
- Remote working experience
- Past experience working in a fast paced private equity or venture capital backed company
- A 100% work-from-home position with a company that values and fosters personal and professional growth
- Passionate and intelligent colleagues who work hard and have a good time doing it
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Awesome company swag
- $800 Home office buildout allowance
- Stock Options
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits for US Based Employees (health stipend for international employees)
- Full short-term disability and life benefits; available long-term disability for US Based Employees
- (Post-pandemic) in person Annual Gatherings. Last time we all spent a week on a beach in Cabo San Lucas!