PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Program Manager
San Diego, CA
At PlayStation, we are passionate about providing customers a flawless experience in our platform both inside and outside the game. Websites are critically important to provide this experience since it assists pre-purchase, console production and customer support in the after sales period. We have more than 150 websites in the world and need a repeatable security engagement process that provides the right level of security protection for our customers, game partners or SIE.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will drive a flawless product delivery that will protect our business that includes customer’s, game partner’s and our company assets! You will work with both individual development teams and 3rd party vendors globally. Our goal is to put security protections seamlessly on each website whether the development teams are security aware and following an agile development style of not. Our expectation of this role is to provide project management in team level with your outstanding project management skills and a solid understanding of modern security tools and methodologies for project management.Responsibilities
- Lead initiatives in an agile and highly collaborative environment with security teams, development teams and business stakeholders.
- Use people and soft skills to generate a positive atmosphere and collaboration towards protecting customers, game partners and SIE’s assets.
- Leads initiatives with teams that may include other Security teams, Engineering team, and Business stakeholders.
- Find innovative ways and solutions to problems; Simplify and communicate complex problems through clear communication to inspire changes in behavior.
- Be an advocate for continuous process improvement and push the limits of technology.
- Effectively serve as the point of contact between security team, engineering and business stakeholders and continually drive towards protecting assets.
- Effective in Solution, Website architecture and security tools, driving each technical team to resolve sophisticated technical problems.
- Effectively communicates with technical and non-technical audiences, including executive leadership.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science or related field. Prior experience as a developer is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Program Management in an agile software development environment.
- The ability to balance business vs security needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high secure and pragmatic solutions.
- Knowledge of industry standard methodologies for building secure and highly reliable consumer applications including website.
- Experience managing projects and dependencies across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a sense of ownership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.