Technical Program Manager, Testing at Motional (Las Vegas, NV)
The Motional Technical Programs team is seeking to hire an experienced Technical Program Manager to support our autonomous vehicle testing activities. You will work closely with a cross-functional engineering, testing, and operations team to build and deploy cutting-edge autonomous vehicle technology. You will lead the planning and execution of testing campaigns, including release testing, test suite improvements, and feature evaluation, and will contribute to Motional’s driverless future.
What You'll Do
- Work across the organization with engineering developers, product owners, and testing technical leads to plan and drive testing campaigns
- Engage with technical lead to develop timing plan that meets program objectives
- Facilitate technical discussions to synchronize stakeholder expectations and schedule dependencies, and flag discrepancies and misalignment
- Actively manage day-to-day program execution, tracking progress against key metrics and removing blockers and inefficiencies as required
- Coordinate with the greater program and organization to prioritize and deconflict activities and resources
- Provide regular status updates to testing, program, and engineering leadership
- Work closely with testing leadership to help define and track key organizational objectives
- Proactively identify, manage, and report on risks and issues
- Travel once or twice a quarter to testing sites
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, multi-disciplinary technical programs, successfully delivering on time and within budget
- Demonstrated experience working across teams and disciplines resolving competing priorities and managing dependencies
- Strong written and oral communication skills, especially the ability to communicate complex engineering issues and tailor messaging based on audience
- Strong understanding of Systems Engineering fundamentals, especially how it relates to hardware, software and system-level design
- Passion for bringing cutting edge technology to a fielded production environment
- Experience with autonomous vehicle testing preferred
- Experience with planning data pipeline, heavy data processing and automatic metrics preferred
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment across multiple time zones
- Degree in Engineering, Robotics, or a related field
Because travel is an essential function of the job, Motional currently requires those performing this role to be fully vaccinated. Anyone hired into this role should be vaccinated by their start date. Motional is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.