At MainStreet, we’re problem solvers.
Our products aim to do one thing: save startup founders and small business owners time, money, and peace of mind. We started by demystifying complicated tax credits, saving over $100M – and countless hours of tax code research 🥱– for founders in nearly every industry. Then, we introduced MainStreet Procurement, simplifying expense management and contract negotiation for teams without the means to do it themselves, as well as our treasury management product that helps customers earn better yields on their cash reserves. Since our sort-of viral beginnings in 2019, we’ve raised a $60M Series A (more on that later), launched three product lines (with more in the works), and grew from 3 employees to 160+.
We owe our success to the strength of our team. Before joining MainStreet, we helped build companies like Intuit, PayPal, Google, Apple, Coinbase, Gusto, LinkedIn, Slack, and more. We’re 100% remote, spanning across 30+ states and Canada. We’re fellow founders, engineers, accountants, designers, dog (and cat) lovers, adventurers, coders, and parents. We move fast. We think big. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. And we’d love for you to join us.
MainStreet is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to support our engineering organization as we execute on business-critical goals. You’ll be responsible for creating and leading cross-functional programs that deliver high value.
What you’ll do
- Develop and drive cross-cutting programs for production and platform engineering teams
- Manage goals, milestones, success criteria, and delivery of key technical programs
- Maintain a data-driven, metrics-rich approach to manage commitments
- Communicate program progress, risks, and emerging changes in a timely, audience-relevant manner
- Partner with cross-functional leads to craft execution strategies for business goals
- Develop and refine processes to improve engineering productivity
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, similar technical degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of Technical Program experience
- Technical understanding of key technologies around systems, software engineering, and data management
- Experience managing complex programs in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence without authority, and collaborate with stakeholders horizontally and vertically throughout the company
- Ability to drive operational excellence, and improve engineering execution
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Base salary range for this position is $104,000 - $250,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
MainStreet takes a holistic approach to small business management so you can grow smarter, not harder. We plug into your accounting and payroll systems to check for savings opportunities in unlikely places. From complex government tax credits to exclusive discounts on the tools you use every day, we save you thousands of dollars, hundreds of hours, and countless headaches.
Throughout the year, you’ll track expenses and savings through your MainStreet dashboard and tag us in on big purchases and contract negotiations. Come tax season, we’ll do the paperwork and even let your CPA take all the credit. Consider us your silent partner-in-savings, your financial secret weapon, your smart (not a) bank – whatever you want to call us. We’ve got your back so you can get back to building your business. ✨
Our $60M Series A
We’ve raised over $60M from an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including SignalFire (who led our Series A), Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom co-founder), Gradient Ventures (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, Shrug Capital, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.
Read Full Job Description