Technical Program Manager [Remote] at Pocket Worlds (Miami, FL)
| Miami, FL
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:15 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 21, 2022
About Pocket Worlds
Our mission is to make the metaverse a reality and our vision is a decentralized virtual world built and owned by its citizens.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 17 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade digital assets in our metaverse, and this has all flourished despite the constraints of Web 2.0.
This was only the first chapter in our story, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with Web3 and Highrise World.
About This Role
As the first Technical PM at Pocket Worlds, you will use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish, and work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company.
This is an incredibly important role here at Pocket Worlds, and we firmly believe that the contributions here have an opportunity to directly shape the future of both the Metaverse and Web3.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience managing technical projects.
- Experience in a leadership role demonstrating excellent people and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- Experience with growth consumer product development.
- Experience working with a fully remote team.
- Experience with mobile app development.
- Familiarity with blockchain/web3.
- Excellent influencing skills and delivering solutions in a highly-complex, always changing, and nebulous environment.
- Excellent in Team Management.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, discussion, and organization skills.
- Experience in a leadership role in a series A/B startup or as a TPM in a tier 1 tech company (Google/Facebook/Apple/etc.).
- Work with a kick-ass team of product designers and engineers to bring Highrise from 3 million MAU to 300 million MAU. Lead strategic programs and guide leadership on making decisions to achieve this ambitious objective.
- Set strategy, organize milestones, prioritize activities, and manage development for Highrise.
- Communicate with teams spanning all verticals in the company to facilitate communication and deliver objectives.
- Own the development of features. Set timelines and coordinate with engineering to deliver on those timelines.
- Be the "glue" that takes our development team to the next level.
Our goal is to define the future of the metaverse with the product we build, and to grow from tens of millions to billions of users in the process.
Join us on this journey and together we will build something incredible.
More Information on Pocket Worlds
Pocket Worlds operates in the Gaming industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX. Pocket Worlds was founded in 2015. It has 48 total employees. To see all 19 open jobs at Pocket Worlds, click here.
Read Full Job Description