Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
We’re looking for a talented Technical Program Manager to manage and implement IT programs to document, plan, and deliver on a variety of customer demands in a timely, predictable, and repeatable manner. You will be embedded within the IT team and partner with senior leadership across the organization in order to help us achieve our strategic and tactical milestones by developing project schedules, flagging risks, estimating budgets, and communicating progress.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will:
- Build and lead strategic technical programs for the IT team within the Security and IT org.
- Prioritize key technical initiatives and features to provide the highest quality of technical support for internal customers to ensure that it’s reliable, intuitive, and secure.
- Drive clarity and structure in ambiguous situations by asking the right questions and applying insights you’ve gained.
- Draw key insights from data analysis and provide summaries in order to make data-driven recommendations to leadership and the team.
- Manage diverse relationships with Engineering, Product, and Operations stakeholders to execute on operational recommendations.
- Drive quarterly and annual planning for the IT team including balancing resourcing between project and operations needs.
- Some upcoming projects include: Mobile Device Management roll out, maturing automation of onboarding for employees and contractors, Okta Device Trust, and internal ticket escalation process creation.
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 2+ years as a Technical Program Manager for Information Technology teams.
- Experience working across multiple functions/ business units, influencing and collaborating with others to successfully drive programs.
- Experience building roadmaps, project/release plans with a strong understanding of dependency management.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with key stakeholders to define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to work well with teams having different operating cadences.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem-solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish line.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple functions (Operations, Product, Engineering, Infrastructure) is critical.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description