Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Technical Program Manager, Data role will lead and motivate Coinbase data science, data platform, finance, and other teams in leading cross-functional projects. This role will be responsible for managing data science and data platform programs of large scope, impact, and complexity through all phases of the life cycle. This person will plan, track and monitor the work of cross-functional teams, including but not limited to Finance, Data Science, Data Platform, Product Management, Engineering, providing technical support and directionKey Responsibilities
- Partner with data and finance leads to define end-to-end launch plan and identify risks
- Keep senior executives, finance, and data teams updated on project timelines and results
- Coordinate the cross-functional meetings ensuring management of interdependencies and handling risks proactively to drive completion of project/product on schedule
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures. Make recommendations and drive process improvement and adoption of best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Proactively communicate schedules, dependencies, issues, and risks across teams and to stakeholders
- Lead teams across subject areas and geo
- Conduct change management efforts of moderate to high complexity impacting one or multiple mission’s cross-functional processes
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 7+ years of engineering experience working directly with data teams
- 5+ years with applicable experience in top technology or financial services company
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects affecting many functions, including product, engineering, finance, compliance, and support. Ability to direct major cross-functional initiatives with effective prioritization and influence
- Direct engagement with Engineering teams on product development with a thorough understanding of software development processes including SDLC, Agile, and waterfall.
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Passion for cryptocurrency, financial markets, and the Coinbase mission
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.