Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase stores more digital currency than any company in the world, making us a tier 1 target on the internet. Given breaches are the number one cause of death amongst digital currency companies, security is core to our mission and has been a key competitive differentiator for us as we scale. We are looking for a seasoned IT Technical Project Manager to drive maturity in our Security organization, while leading the team in building the security controls leveraged by Coinbase Custody. You will develop and foster partnerships with key business groups to ensure that we're delivering the right tools and services to the right people at the right time. The successful candidate will have strong previous experience and success in cross team collaboration, influencing others and a long track record in efficient execution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Communicate risks, expectations, and timelines to stakeholders and management
- Be accountable for roadmap delivery including adoption and success criteria as defined by your stakeholders.
- Manage requirements documentation, milestone mapping, prioritization, and communication to facilitate project collaboration.
- Drive improvements for heavily operational processes with multiple stakeholder dependencies.
- Maintain compliance with IT and security policies and procedures.
- Partner with the Custody product teams on security-critical projects.
- Help grow and mature the Coinbase Security program and team, through activities such as creating new security policies and training materials
- Coordinate with third party security partners for security relevant activities.
- Contribute to the architecture, maintenance and software development of security controls
What we look for in you:
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- Willingness to learn and apply processes unique to the challenges at Coinbase
- Experience in successfully applying Lean, Agile, ITIL, or process improvement to previous workflows
- You are an expert at coordinating highly technical teams
- You design and improve procedures that solve problems in simple and scalable ways.
- Solid foundation in security topics such as Cryptography, Authentication/Authorization, etc.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance frameworks such as NIST.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a high security and/or highly regulated industry.
- Experience in securing Digital Assets.
- Experience working as a software developer.
- Certification in Program or Project management.
- You have experience working as a software engineering or IT manager
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.