Technical Portfolio Manager at FIS
What you will be doing:
- Will act as the central point of contact for LOB Senior Stakeholders and coordinate LOB engagement with the Automate Next discovery and delivery teams.
- Your LOB client is FIS Client Engagement and one other LOB area TBD.
- Own delivery execution responsibility to ensure Automate next delivers savings and improvements.
- Develops detailed project plans with Project Managers and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training, and on-time delivery within budget constraints.
- Understanding and experience of FIS Client Engagement is required.
- Manage KPI's to ensure program objectives are met.
- Coordinate work performed by IT staff and internal customers/partners by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments.
- Portfolios may vary in number, size, and complexity.
- Manage 2 - 10 Project managers.
- As a senior member of the Program team, you will report directly into the Program Executive for Automate Next
- Role can be in Canada or USA working EST hours
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 10 + years as a Portfolio manager/Program Manager
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provide regular communications to senior LOB stakeholders and executives - including status dashboards, LOB/Automate Next management Forum, etc.
- Act as the LOB escalation point for any issues or risks
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and the correct project application
- Experience working with executive stakeholders
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely differing viewpoints
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
Nice to have:
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
- Experience with QuickBase, Jira, Confluence, Clarity and Agile
What We Offer You:
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.