About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures instead of the quality of health outcomes. Stellar Health helps primary care providers continually engage with their patients by providing them real-time information and tangible action-based incentives for improving quality of care for their patients.
At Stellar Health, we’re simplifying value-based care. The Stellar platform, a cloud-based, point-of-care tool, fits into existing provider workflows and creates a simple checklist of recommended actions that helps deliver the best quality care for patients. We’re building our technology from the ground up, and the industry is starting to take notice.
Our product actively supports over 500K patient lives - and we have shown that we make a real difference for these practices and their patients. It’s an exciting time to join the Stellar Team: We recently raised a $60M Series B at a $460M valuation from Top VCs in the health-tech space (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners), have an established product & proven operating model, and we’re scaling our team to meet the continued growth and impact on our healthcare system.
About the position:
Stellar Health is seeking a Technical Implementations Project Manager to join our growing Technical Implementations team. As a Technical Implementations Project Manager, you will drive the end to end delivery and success of customer integration projects from planning and discovery through activation and realization.
This role will report to the Director of Project Management and work closely with our Growth, Customer Operations, Product and Engineering teams to deliver successful new business launches and/or expand existing customers in support of strategic product initiatives.
As a Technical Implementations Project Manager, you will be responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, execution and completion of data integrations projects. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for process improvements as our network grows exponentially and provide analyses into opportunities to expand our data coverage to enrich our payer and provider network’s performance.
Who will love this job:
- You get things done and love working in a dynamic environment with a diverse set of stakeholders
- You are constantly curious and thrive on tackling problems and finding solutions
- You are an excellent communicator with a knack for explaining complex technical processes concisely to non-technical audiences
- You are self motivated, have a bias toward action, and resiliently adapt to changes and competing demands.
- You understand, appreciate, and enjoy the responsibility and accountability that comes with being assigned high level ownership over projects and their success
- You excel at anticipating risks and developing plans to mitigate them.
- You are mission driven and passionate about delivering solutions that have a real impact on people's lives
- You are excited to bring best practices and new ideas to a dynamic organization.
What you’ll do:
As a Technical Implementations Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the day to day delivery of multiple integrations projects in accordance with Stellar's data specifications and service level agreements to ensure overall success of the customer implementation
- Establishing and cultivating a positive working relationship with each customer from an implementation perspective
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation including project plans & timelines, status reports, action items, project scope and implementation workbooks plus key decisions impacting scope & implementation direction
- Proactively evaluating project activities, anticipating needs/risks, building contingency plans, executing corrective action, and monitoring issue resolution to mitigate risks such as scope and/or data variances.
- Monitoring and ensuring project team members complete tasks and deliverables on time and with high quality
- Balancing conflicting interests and constraints of scope, time, and resources while delivering promised business functionality on time and with high quality
- Conducting user acceptance testing to identify and resolve potential issues prior to go live
- Tracking and analyzing project performance metrics; identifying process redundancies and inefficiencies; conducting retrospectives to drive continuous improvement
- Proactively identifying, recognizing, and acting on opportunities for improvement to advance business goals; confronting problems, change, and/or challenges quickly and enthusiastically
- Providing direction, coordination, and control of your projects while remaining aligned with the commitments and goals of the organization
- Developing strong working relationships with internal teams and external partners to implement a variety of integration technologies and data formats
- Working creatively and analytically in a hyper-growth, problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
As a Technical Implementations Project Manager you should have:
- 2+ years of project management experience, preferably in data integration or healthcare interoperability
- Experience managing multiple clients/projects/stakeholders simultaneously
- Ability to balance multiple priorities; communicate roadblocks; identify, manage and mitigate risks; and work effectively both within a small team and cross-functionally with other teams and external partners/customers
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide array of technical and managerial personnel to solve complex problems.
- Excellent organizational, written & spoken communication skills with ability to synthesize information for stakeholders at various organizational levels
- Strong proficiency in G-Suite or MS office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio); working knowledge of modern project management tools (Jira, Asana, MS Project, etc.)
- Working knowledge of healthcare data standards such as HL7, FHIR, 837/835, CCD
- Familiarity with healthcare systems, technology, and integrations such as EHRs, PMSs, HIEs, etc.
- Experience working with payers, provider groups or EHR implementations a plus
- Double Bonus: Experience with Redox integration
- Nice to haves: PMP, Scrum, SAFEe Certification; experience with SQL, Looker
Pay, Perks & Such:
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, a 401k program, paid family leave, and flexible vacation.
Note on COVID response:
Stellar’s Union Square NYC HQ is currently open for those that wish to use it and we are supporting both hybrid and remote-friendly work across the US!
In order to protect our wellbeing and safety, and to reduce the likelihood of impacts to our workforce, we currently require all employees, regardless of location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you would like to learn more about our COVID vaccine policy, as well as our response measures and hybrid work policies, please mention this when you speak with a Stellar Recruiter.
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams - and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table - enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.
We encourage everyone to apply to our roles, even if they do not meet every single qualification on a job description, and our team is committed to reviewing every resume submitted.