10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be).
Team Leads are responsible for managing the successful delivery of client work, project-centric operations, and personnel in a team. The primary functions include: driving excellent project outcomes in alignment with established scopes, timelines, and budgets for multiple, concurrent projects; incorporating 10up standards and processes in the delivery of client work; managing personnel assigned to a team; expertly collaborating with discipline directors and the Accounts team to deliver on client expectations; and managing to established production metrics (billable targets, forecasting accuracy, etc.).
This role is fully remote and is currently open to applicants around the globe.
Responsibilities (Project Delivery)
- Manage execution of project and task assignments for all direct reports, leveling up individual availability to Directors of Client Delivery and the Project Resourcing Manager for resolution.
- Serve as the lead project manager on 2 - 4 active client accounts. Craft and maintain project plans, schedules, and task break-downs to achieve defined scopes of work.
- Leverage 10up tools, standards, and processes in all client work. Maintain highly collaborative relationships with discipline directors to achieve elite project outcomes.
- Deliver fixed price, retainer, and T&M projects within expected timelines and budgets.
- Demonstrate senior-level consultative value to help clients achieve defined business goals and outcomes.
- Effectively manage client expectations across active client work, seeking support from Production Leadership and / or the Accounts team as necessary.
- Facilitate discovery engagements (onsite and remotely) to support the definition of cross-discipline project requirements. Collaborate with discipline directors to translate requirements into comprehensive project approaches / plans that align with established timelines and budgets and can be executed successfully by project teams. Collaborate with Accounts to develop scopes of work following discovery.
- Drive client satisfaction through repeated project delivery successes and strategic engagement.
- Maintain a predetermined billable utilization, typically between 26-30 hours / week (65-75%).
Responsibilities (Personnel Management)
- Directly manage 6 - 9 production team members (typically engineers and designers) in the delivery of client work and in alignment with established production metrics.
- Conduct regular one-on-ones (once a week) with direct reports with an emphasis on continuously improving project approaches and outcomes as well as an individual’s overall performance.
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback to direct reports, celebrating successes and clearly defining any misalignments with expectations. Escalate thematic or recurring performance issues to Directors of Client Delivery for resolution.
- Review / approve PTO requests for all direct reports and ensure project delivery schedules / resourcing are adjusted accordingly.
- Contribute to the compilation and delivery of performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Contribute to Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) for direct reports as necessary.
Responsibilities (Operational Management)
- Proactively maintain accurate forecasts in 10up's established resource forecasting tool for all active client work.
- Perform weekly timesheet reviews for all direct reports, identifying and reporting on areas of concern such as billability, excessive weekly burn, and / or inaccurate / poor time entries.
- Monitor billable performance for all production personnel and collaborate with Directors of Client Delivery to align individuals with established targets.
- Collaborate with Financial Manager to prepare invoices for all assigned project work.
- An understanding of 10up’s core services and ability to leverage these disciplines to deliver successful client outcomes. A practical understanding of the WordPress platform is also required.
- Excellent application of 10up processes, standards, and tools at the team level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally.
- 3+ years of project management experience delivering full scope web projects for enterprise clients, ideally in an agency environment.
- Interest and ability to lead cross-discipline teams.
- PMI, scrum certification, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Teamwork, 10,000ft, and Harvest.
- Experience working with Enterprise clients.
- Remote working experience. #LI-Remote
Things to Note
- We don't want you to miss any communication from us! To ensure you receive updates on your application, please add [email protected] to your contacts list! #LI-Remote
10up has been making the web better by finely crafting websites and tools for content creators since 2011. With ~200 experts in digital strategy and management, software engineering, user experience and interactive design, cloud infrastructure, and audience and revenue optimization; we’re big enough to conquer any challenge, and small enough to care. 10up is committed to the ideal of a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming anyone and everyone who shares and lives our core business values. We look forward to connecting with you!
More Information on 10up
10up operates in the Software industry. 10up was founded in 2011. It has 236 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 30 open jobs at 10up, click here.
Read Full Job Description