PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Strategy & Initiatives Project Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation’s extraordinary products and services. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
As part of GSBO, the Strategy Management and Initiatives team is responsible for tracking all strategy-related activities across the organization to ensure coordinated action and execution. The core areas of focus are goals tracking, organizational alignment, strategy planning and reviews, knowledge management, and initiative management. In addition to leading the strategy activities, the team is also responsible for the internal department communication strategy and, in conjunction with HR, driving and executing employee focused initiatives (i.e. learning and development, diversity, equity, and inclusion programs, etc.)
The Strategic Initiatives Project Manager is a role developed to improve the Strategy Management and Initiatives team’s capabilities. The goal is to cultivate relationships and run department initiatives to deepen and broaden our impact on successful delivery against objectives. This role is vital to the future growth of GSBO. The ideal candidate should be a hardworking and flexible teammate, possessing excellent planning skills, a proven, collaborative mindset, an effective communicator, and a strong analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare and attend key meetings in commercial cross-functional forums. Coordinate and communicate expectations for discussions and presentations. Liaison with upcoming presenters to ensure they have the appropriate materials and set clear parameters and objectives for discussions. Think critically about the business issues at hand, and what will be needed for productive discussions. Coordinate across groups to bring it together.
- Track and review strategic initiatives across GSBO to ensure successful delivery of department objectives
- Lead and manage mid and long-term strategic initiatives as identified by the growth strategy team
- Work cross-functionally to develop processes that ensure appropriate prioritization and approvals for strategic initiatives
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional workshops to refine and optimize all elements of strategy
- Work closely with HR business partners to develop and execute people focused strategies and initiatives
- Support and execute the department’s internal integrated communication strategy
- As a global organization, ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
What we're looking for:
- Strong project/initiative management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Creative and energetic teammate who embraces change and a desire to continually improve
- Ability to understand other teams’ needs; resourceful in finding solutions to business problems
- Gifted presenter able to articulate information widely from senior management summaries to detailed information to specialists.
- Data-centric & analytical with good planning skills and commercial focus
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships; proven experience of building strong internal relationships across departments and of driving collaborative behaviours within teams
- Patient, persistent, pragmatic, and respectful
- Solid understanding of sales cycles and ability to understand recent sales trends and forces.
- Gaming industry knowledge
- Communication tools: MSFT Teams, Slack, SharePoint, Confluence
- Developing people focused strategies (i.e. employee engagement)
- Working in an Enterprise or Business focused PMO structure
- PMP certification
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.