Strategic Sourcing Manager at TripActions
TripActions is looking for a Global Strategic Sourcing Manager based in New York or Palo Alto that will be responsible for the indirect supply of products and services essential to TripActions’s global operations. In addition to daily sourcing activities, this is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to build a team and processes, and be a strategic partner to the broader business.
The successful candidate must have strong analytical, communication, and indirect sourcing experience. The position will report to the Director of Strategic Sourcing.
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders to partner to understand and fulfill their requirements.
- Ability to work cross functionally with multiple functions but more specifically with Leadership, Legal, and Security
- Knowledge and execution of the Seven Step Sourcing Process for indirect sourcing categories (i.e. IT/SaaS, Marketing, and Facilities)
- Expertise in creation and maintenance of category strategies that drive business objectives.
- Experience in implementing and/or using Procurement systems.
- Experience in project management and process improvement.
- Eagerness to support ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of strategic sourcing experience, technology or fintech environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead with context.
- Able to work independently, as well as work in a team-orientated and fast-paced environment.