Strategic Program Manager at Helix
You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nation’s largest COVID-19 diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
As a Strategic Program Manager, you will work with the Partnerships team on the successful implementation, launch, and scaling of Helix’s population genomics and COVID-19 testing partners, which include leading health systems, life sciences companies, payers, and governments across the country. From defining and managing work plans, to creatively solving cross-functional problems, you will play a critical role in helping our partners (and Helix) drive clinical and research value through large-scale genomics and help in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. You’ll work closely with many teams at Helix – including Clinical, Marketing, Product, Supply Chain, and Legal – to do this.
As a Strategic Program Manager at Helix you will:
- Support the successful onboarding, implementation, launch, and scaling of Helix’s partners and, ultimately, their success on our platform
- Understand partners’ needs and motivations and identify areas for improvement and expansion to support partners through launch and beyond
- Know our partners’ organizations inside and out – serving as the go-to source of knowledge to help us better understand how we can help them be successful
- Use this knowledge to see around the corner to predict what issues may arise and help the team plan so these issues are avoided
- Define, communicate, and proactively manage project work plans for internal and external stakeholders
- Help develop a programmatic approach to partner onboarding and management to help rapidly scale the number of partners we are able to onboard and support
- Serve as the chief problem solver – identifying and understanding issues and working closely with the necessary teams across Helix to solve them creatively (and efficiently)
- Be the glue that holds cross-functional teams together across Helix and partner with cross-functional teams – including Business Development, Clinical, Product, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Legal – to ensure all aspects of projects go smoothly
- Work closely with the Partnerships and Business Development teams to provide input on the longer-term vision for the partnership – helping to identify opportunities for new products and services that could help the relationship grow and make them a lifelong Helix partner
- Gather insights and feedback from partners to inform the product roadmap in collaboration with internal Product and Engineering teams
- 4 – 6 years of experience managing strategic projects in the healthcare industry, ideally with a focus on clinical or research-oriented programs / initiatives
- Deep knowledge of the healthcare and / or life sciences markets and the key players and trends
- Team player able to effectively collaborate with stakeholders across a broad range of functions and levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams at leading health systems
- Knowledge of / experience in genomics
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a health or life sciences field
What Helix has to offer you:
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.