Staff Technical Project Manager at VIZIO (Dallas, TX)
VIZIO is looking for a proactive and forward-thinking technical project manager to enhance existing operations and platform projects. In this hands-on role, you will help manage implementation efforts of our operations platforms, monitoring and leading engineering teams to ensure milestones and deadlines are met
What You Will Do
- Run and lead engineering team to deliver products and solutions for sophisticated embedded systems
- Provide outstanding leadership to program team to deliver projects/programs timely, with high quality while achieving excellent results
- Perform overall program-level planning & lead program execution of interdependent projects, and drive effective and accurate status reporting
- Be responsible for the identification of risks and issues, and development of risk mitigation strategies and associated processes
- Identify critical partners and required engagement model and handle effective decision- making with leadership/engineering teams
- Supervise overall roadmap, identify and report potential obstacles such as scope creep, resource and personnel shortfalls, and problems with schedule, and release delays
- Communicate with related parties with software engineers, product managers, and development teams.
- Conduct data analysis to deliver insights for Engineering Managers
- At least 5 years of program or project management in software development
- Driving multi-functional efforts across major technical fields: SW, HW, Product, and QA
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills to engineers, managers, and execs
- Identifying risks, developing mitigation strategies, and facilitating resolutions
- Sound technical foundation and a highly motivated self-starter
- Knowledge of software engineering standard methodologies and related dependencies
- Strong leadership skills and ability to inspire team members
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies, and methods
- Knowledge of operating system internals, embedded system development and bring-up, device drivers, and memory management for NPI programs.
- Familiarity with hardware virtualization technologies - CPU/GPU virtualization or device emulation
- C++ and Linux experience
- Solid understanding of Agile, Scrum, and Kanban development methodologies.
- Good understanding of OS systems, media, and system architecture
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many different personality types
- Experience in project management models including Agile, Waterfall, and Scrum
- 5+ years demonstrate ability in engineering development and project management are required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or similar
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Excellent planning, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience with a project management tool is necessary, experience with JIRA & Confluence.
- We are looking for someone to drive, own, and ship all aspects of large, multi-functional efforts and feature areas
- Partner with engineering teams throughout feature development from architecture, design, implementation, and validation.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and drive resolution to program issues
- Present and communicate new feature initiatives, top issues, risks, and critical achievements to executive leadership
- Own roadmap, priorities, prioritization, and timelines for technologies
- Help the team with ongoing improvements to the program management processes
- Collaborate with Engineering, Quality, Operations, and Marketing teams
- The candidate is bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese (is a plus)
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.