Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position you will oversee Manufacturing Engineering projects from concept through launch, including conceptualization, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and turnover to Operations. This role will focus on the development of Rivian’s core factory equipment and processes. Depending on your background and interest, you could lead projects across the factory including Battery, Drive Unit, Stamping, Body-Weld, Paint, Plastics, General Assembly, and more.
- Lead a cross-functional team comprised of engineering, supply chain, construction management, and others to design, integrate, and deploy custom industrial equipment.
- Manage equipment development, schedule, and cost in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Build comprehensive line specifications, taking input from other Engineering teams and Operations.
- Create and maintain a development roadmap for your area.
- Collaborate with team leaders to prioritize, resource, and track progress of team projects.
- Work with the rest of the Technical Program Management team to develop the Manufacturing Engineering team’s equipment development and validation processes.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Industrial.
- Minimum 5 years experience in designing and launching industrial equipment into manufacturing environments. At least one launch serving as a project manager a plus.
- Experience leading design and manufacturing validation activities such as D/PFMEA, DV/PV testing, PPAP, etc.
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using a standard product development process. Experience with Scrum a plus.
- Experience managing system integrators, vendors, and 3rd party resources.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.