PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Technical Product Program Manager
San Mateo, CADescription:
This position is responsible for the development of future PlayStation and PlayStation ecosystem products! In this highly visible and multi-functional role, you will lead multiple engineering, product planning, operations, marketing, and sales teams under a common banner and bring products to life.
The successful applicant is:
- An experienced veteran with a track record of taking complex consumer electronics products all the way from concept to systems architecture definition, engineering development, product validation, mass production ramp, and customer ship.
- A natural leader adept at drawing out the best in people and pairing them with partners that improve strengths and mitigate weaknesses.
- An excellent communicator, presenter, persuader, and negotiator.
- Unusually organized and self-motivated to Do The Right Thing.
- An extraordinary facilitator and connector, pulling the right people together from across the entire company to tackle product development challenges.
- Used to working with remote and international engineering teams.
- Always seeking perfection, but pragmatic enough to not let the perfect become the enemy of the good.
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and making things happen.
- Establish and maintain product feature baseline, scheduling, critical path(s), and technology risk areas.
- Support product definition and drive closure of systems architecture and engineering development gaps.
- Communicate status to senior executives and drive decisions at key moments that matter.
- Prioritize product development activities across multiple organizations.
- Work with operations, sales, and marketing teams to ensure successful product launch and follow through.
- 15+ years of proven experience in gaming and/or consumer software and hardware products.
- Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent fields.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.