LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
- Manage two large-scale programs associated to critical business initiatives.
- Interact with internal, external and executive stakeholders
- Work very closely with senior engineering and product leaders
- Project consists of multiple new technologies with many tiers and may require large scale organizational changes (e.g. site redesigns or migrations to new platforms)
- Processes in-depth technical knowledge of architecture, infrastructure needs, and component design and downstream effects of subsequent changes across vertical tracks
- Responsible for creating and consolidating program timeline and communicating overall program health in a way that all levels of the organization can consume.
- Responsible for ensuring each vertical team understands the overall project objectives and timeline, and how their deliverables affect the overall program.
- Presents issues and risks formally to leadership and vertical tracks.
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional peers and senior leaders/stakeholders to program issues and drive mitigation plans.
- Creates and leads new and/or modified PMO processes and provides solutions to complex pain points within the organizational. Challenges organizational processes that do not contribute to value delivery, and illustrates better process alternatives.
- Evangelizes the principals and business value of those practices throughout the organization.
- Actively participates in and contributes to the continuous improvement and evolution of processes, methodologies, and tools within the organization.
- Demonstrates ability to interact, negotiate, and influence decisions across multiple tracks and executive leadership.
- Establishes and implements processes, which foster team collaboration, the exchange of diverse ideas and transparency at the organizational level.
You should be an expert in:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field, training or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years full lifecycle program/project management experience in technically-focused projects
- Experience using multiple development approaches (Agile, Kanban ideal).
- Excellent written, verbal presentation and organizational skills, ability to interface with all levels within the organization.
- Comfortable presenting to and persuading at the Director and Vice President level.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- PMP certification preferred
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- Strong business acumen supporting business operations in technology companies and/or retail.
- Agile tools (JIRA, Rally, etc)
- Strong solution analysis experience in a global environment with distributed teams
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.